Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MB Style Windshield Adjusters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhulsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MB Style Windshield Adjusters
    Posted: 11 May 2023 at 5:01am
Hello all. First post here so be gentle. I recently purchased a nicely done VEC 46 Ser # 13586. I’m working on sprucing up bits and pieces. It has the MB style inner windshield with single slotted adjuster. It has the round adjustment knob and a homemade washer to pinch to the arm. Can someone help me with a picture or a lead to the correct “washer stack” or whatever it’s called? Thanks for your time. 
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 7:47am
Congrats on the CJ2A and glad you are here.  Does your jeep still have the column shift?
For the WS, here is one vendors picture of the pieces.

The windshield bits are common to the WWII MB so the vendors that focus on military jeeps may be a source.
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 8:37am

Jhulsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhulsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:22am
Thanks! That’s it. And, yes mine is column shift. I’ll try to attach picture later. I gotta figure that part out. 
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 10:06am
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 2:53pm
If you find other MB stuff, the G503 forum is great.   A plug for the host of the site too.

Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
Jhulsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhulsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:58pm
Thanks. I got the parts ordered. Here’s a picture taking out for a camp. I’ve rebuilt the trailer almost 20 years ago, it now has a proper tow rig. 

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 7:54pm
Thumbs Up...Nice!...

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply