Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

meet frosty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2019 at 11:32pm
Frosty is a diamond in the rough.  Nice catch!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Raj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2019 at 4:12am
Hi chadder head

Can you pls tell me the tire size for m38 I believe the one with wide tires.  Thanks
cheddar head`s 47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheddar head`s 47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2019 at 11:08pm
    raj Ill try to get the tire info tommorow,spent today trying to get what was left of my parts jeep rusted out body off .This was  a1968 cj5 ,at one time it had  a v8 in it.They must of had to move alot of stuff around to make fit ,the steering box is welded to the frame,the pedals were relocated and  had rebar welded to them .Front cross member is a healthy junk of angle iron .tommorow Ill try and shave all the junk off of it .
cooler by the lake
Raj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2019 at 11:24pm
Thank you for the reply.  I have 48 cj2a and I put 33x12x16 jus for the look wise but it made the jeep look like balloon.  What I am trying to do is have a wider stance and less gap between the fender and tires.  But I think 33 and too tall.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheddar head`s 47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2019 at 11:34pm
    I  think there 12  also ,there to big ,they rub on frame ,and must of put a lot of stress on the driveline as one drive shaft is complety twisted off
cooler by the lake
Raj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2019 at 12:25am
But are 33 12 16 or 15?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheddar head`s 47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2019 at 12:28am
cooler by the lake
Raj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2019 at 1:20am
Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheddar head`s 47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2019 at 6:48pm
     Went out to the upper shed to check out frosty ,my m38 ,crawled under it to get pictures of the transmission  and transfer case.I can get a picture of the transfer case tag ,took some other pictures of the engine compartment.One thing that really impressed me is how much beefier this frame is ,Ive been stripping down my parts jeep frame and that seems a little thicker than the cj2a. The parts jeep was a CJ5.another thing that struck me was the odd routing of one of the radiator lines.
cooler by the lake

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheddar head`s 47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2019 at 7:02pm
   So now if you look at both of my transfer case tag pictures  you will notice the M38 is a 927 on the lower line ,that case is a twin stick case,the tag I posted earlier in my blog ,the tag from the t98 has 937  on the second line of the tag ,thats a single stick,Im guessing that because that was from a later production? the adapter plate between the transmission and  transfer case has to be about 2.5 inches thick on the  buick v6,so my question is what are these transfer cases, I was told by someone on this forum there not dana 300 , anyhow Im super stoked about the both of them.Paul  ,"cooler by the lake"
cooler by the lake
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2019 at 10:49pm
Both those X-fer cases are model 18s.  I can't tell what brand of overdrive that is in the top left pic right above. 

Apparently, I can't tell right from left any more.  I did in fact mean the top RIGHT pic of the overdrive.  D'OH!!  Embarrassed

Edited by Ol' Unreliable - 01 Dec. 2019 at 11:33pm
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheddar head`s 47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2019 at 10:51pm
  ok ,thanks ,good to know
cooler by the lake
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12