Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Monroe/Newgren Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monroe/Newgren Video
    Posted: 30 Jan. 2023 at 1:39pm
  Probably old news to some, but I hadn’t seen this before. Very interesting. I wasn’t aware that the Monroe lift had down-pressure available. I wish my 8N had it. Wink

BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2023 at 3:11pm
That is the movie I hunted down and finally found in a shop in Paris France.  The entire story is here -

I spent a year making sure there were no copyright issues, since Monroe and Jeep are both still copyrighted brands.  As soon as I posted it to YouTube this guy stole it.  I've never been able to contact him  I have many hours of research invested in that movie, along with a few hundred dollars in the cost of obtaining it, getting it back to the states and having it digitized.

I want it to be out there, but I'd like for people to have the whole story.  All I was going to ask the guy to do was include the above link in the description.

I think the movie is one of the best informercials out there.  It was actually shown on WLW-TV on a Sunday afternoon in February 1949.

On a side note, your 8Ns earlier version, the 9N, was the inspiration for the Farm Jeep.  You can read a little about it here - https://www.farmjeep.com/farm-jeep-history/the-jeep-as-a-light-tractor/ ;

Barry
https://www.farmjeep.com/
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2023 at 3:44pm
  Thanks Barry, both of those were very interesting. I want to thank you for your hard work and investments in time and money to save the film and share. Its too bad that there are always vultures out there just waiting for an opportunity to profit by others’ efforts. 
  I have to admit that I haven’t paid much attention to your efforts, but I will in the future. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2023 at 4:37pm
Thanks!  When Evan and I showed the movie at the Spring Reunion a couple of years back, there were comments like "look at all those lefty's!" and another person said "I never knew what that knob (to set the downforce) was for."  That was when I really started (and I am still doing) research on the movie.

I just left a comment - again - and we will see if it sticks.

Barry
https://www.farmjeep.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply