Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving back to Colorado

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMRoper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving back to Colorado
    Posted: 04 Apr. 2022 at 8:46am
After 27 years in Oklahoma , the time has come to move back to the motherland. Being from there (tellercounty) family has made the decision to return home (elderly parents and a daughter going to Csu, go rams!) . Now for the Herculean task of moving 27 years of stuff 600 miles. We have a working ranch plus a large jeep collection so many trips west. Although Colorado has changed dramatically since ,we still are looking forward to coming home. So if you see some vintage jeep heading west give a wave as it might be us!
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2022 at 3:12am
Welcome back to Colorado.  Are you going to move back to Teller County?  You may remember the real estate, but you won't believe the new laws to live by.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2022 at 4:30am
Yes, where are you-all coming to?

When is also a good question, so we will know when to look for you.
TMRoper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMRoper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2022 at 5:53am
We close on the first of June but will probably be making multiple trips for a while. All my old friends are saying how much its changed but it won't get better till normal people start moving back (natives will know what I mean). Regardless we are ready to come home. We would like to be closer to the woodland park/divide area but financially we may have to be in the lake George / guffey area or even cripple creek/ victor. Would like to be close to the folks in case of emergencies. Looking forward to meeting all of you Colorado legends I'm in the lottery for the fct however if I don't make it I'd like to be able to come by and meet you all.
jhg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2022 at 9:39am
CSU is a great school. Colorado is very different and is never going to be "like in the old days". Things change and we are all better accepting that rather than getting crusty and trying to make it what it no longer isn't. We are divided enough already. This is my opinion of course and in no way is meant to imply any of you are crusty. Welcome back.

Edited by jhg - 05 Apr. 2022 at 9:47am
1948 cj2a. Rebuilt L-head, steering, T90, WO 636, steering, brake lines. So far.
 Post Reply Post Reply