Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '46 CJ2A 76336

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRQVET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2020 at 5:39am
Nice!
Dean
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran
49' CJ2A w/ GPA Engine #8924
67 CJ5 (Sold)
Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 4:34pm
Well, one step forward two back. My brake parts are currently out of stock, so I have to wait a bit. Luckily there's plenty to do to keep me busy. Anybody ever order pars from Just Jeeps in Ontario?
I wish people would quit hittin' me on the head. MQ
Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2020 at 11:44pm
Well finally most of the ordered parts arrived and I could get working on the brakes.
Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2020 at 3:37am
I finally got started on the rear brakes.  The only hardware I could get was OMIX, but the shoes I picked up from NAPA.  There has to be a simple way to rotate the pictures!Angry

92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2020 at 7:47am
To answer your question I have not bought from Just Jeeps but I have bought parts for my CJ2A from Willys Acres in Ontario. Sonja was great to deal with. Prices were pretty good and shipping was quick and cheap. I would shop there again.

I have not found a way to rotate pictures but I found if you crop them square they stay in the proper orientation.

Jon
15 Field RCA
Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2020 at 2:52pm
Test fitted the windshield and adjusters.  I tried GM Torch Red to see how it looks, but I think it's a little too orange to be a close match to Harvard Red.  The Cowl seal I got from Kaiser Willys is a bit stiff too.  Any pointers on getting it to fit?
havasujeepn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havasujeepn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2020 at 9:54pm
I purchased my cowl seal from KW's also and installed it on my '48 in July of last year. At that time in AZ it gets pretty hot, like 100 degrees, and the seal was pretty pliable. It fit perfectly around the curve of the hood. What's the temp like over there? Maybe you can warm it up a bit before installing?
David
48 Lefty
SN 183244
ACM 173419
Engine 195912
Block 641087-L-W4
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Brian3 Brian3 wrote:

Test fitted the windshield and adjusters.  I tried GM Torch Red to see how it looks, but I think it's a little too orange to be a close match to Harvard Red.  The Cowl seal I got from Kaiser Willys is a bit stiff too.  Any pointers on getting it to fit?
I used 68 Corvette Rally Red as a substitute for Harvard Red. I don't think it is too far off.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2020 at 2:42pm
David, It's been unseasonably warm over the past week, but nowhere near AZ temps.  I may just remove and re-install next summer when it's hotter.
Corvette Rally Red, Hmm I'll try a rattle can to see, thanks.

I also picked up a neat accessory, and boy is it loud!Big smile
Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2020 at 1:27am
Just hooked up the trailer and tried backing up for the first time.  Needless to say I need a bit of practice.

Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2020 at 1:47am
Squeezed the Jeep into my garage, it's a bit tight with a '69 Cadillac already in there.  It's nice having a concrete floor under it things are much easier to do.
Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2021 at 1:02am
Figured I'd work on something simple, and pulled the heater.  I'm not sure the last time it worked.
Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2021 at 12:24am
The surprise I found when I pulled the starter.  Can I get away with leaving it alone for now?
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2021 at 4:39am
It's not going to get better by itself...
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
Fred46 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2021 at 6:21pm
That’s a major job to replace the ring gear. All our old ring gears look like that from the spinning drive hitting the leading edge for years. If your running a 12v battery on a 6v starter, it’s especially prone to damage. Check the ring gear wear surface and you can see the drive contact surface. As long as you have no missing or broken teeth (turn the engine by hand and check the entire circumference) you can wait until you need to pull the engine/trans to replace, along with ALL wearing parts within the bellhousing. Check the starter drive gear. If bad it’s more easily replaced.Smile
Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2021 at 9:54pm
Worked on getting the transmission and transfer case out, just one more bolts to go.

The transmission looks pretty good to me.
Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2021 at 3:48pm
Dropped the cross member, talk about EW!
Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2021 at 3:51pm
Scraped off, it doesn't look too bad.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>