Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 51>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by otto otto wrote:

Nice work Dennis, hope they turn out comfortable. You've inspired me to do something about my Jeep's seats.

Thank you Rob. I hope they turn out comfortable too! LOL I think they will be a huge upgrade from the seats I have  had to use the last few years.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 1:49am
Brought the top home from work to put back on the 2A. 

otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 2:05am
Are you giving up on summer already?
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 2:37am
If you put back on it won't rain for sureLOL
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 4:31am
Originally posted by otto otto wrote:

Are you giving up on summer already?

No money or time. I am hoping to get my replacement trans and transfer rebuilt so I could just replace them all at the same time.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 4:33am
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

If you put back on it won't rain for sureLOL

I know LOL   Plus now, for no reason, I will see other flat fenders driving around town or at the beach. LOL
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 4:18am
Wood frames and the foam are  one.  Now will be the fun part, making it look decent.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 12:30am
Where I work just built a new indoor track and we had tons of extra material. This will now be cut to size for my front seat backs. I will glue foam to them then cover it up.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2017 at 9:37pm
Bottoms finished. May put on some kind of water resistant spray.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2017 at 9:38pm
Not perfect in anyway but neither is this Jeep and I am okay with that.

shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 3:42pm
I think they look great, that's one of the things I struggle with and any of my previous attempts look like I did the work in the dark   
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 12:54am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

I think they look great, that's one of the things I struggle with and any of my previous attempts look like I did the work in the dark   

Thank you! It took me forever to actually put these together because I didn't think I could make them look decent. Decided I should make them to the best of my ability and call it good.

Will they last long? I am not sure but I can always remake them.
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 9:46pm
A friend of mine used to just throw Mexican blankets over the seats in his hot rods.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 1:17am
Originally posted by leecarr leecarr wrote:

A friend of mine used to just throw Mexican blankets over the seats in his hot rods.

All my passenger seat had was a blanket and wood. LOL Not that comfortable and did not look good either.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 8:27pm
4 years ago today I posted this on the facebook. This motor was locked up. Same motor I used to drive from Ohio to Oregon. Same motor that now has a knock.  Hard to believe it has only been less then 4 years since I got this motor running.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 8:32pm
Weird, picture not working for me. Confused

Lets try again

Ouch 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2017 at 2:32am
Passenger seat together. Again not perfect but way better than what it used to be!

CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2017 at 2:50am
Excellent work, watching this with interest!!!! I'm not far behind you.
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 51>