Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 51>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 3:16pm
I was unable to check the rear shoes. I don't have a hub puller. So I did the next best thing, I washed it. LOL

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 3:18pm
Then the top came off and I went for a short drive. It ran, drove and stopped. Got back home and called it a night.

1988YJ7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1988YJ7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:35am
Dennis, I read your whole thread today. It was like watching one of those movie of the week deals or a sad love story. Boy meets Jeep, boy takes Jeep across country, boy thinks he's losing Jeep, Jeep comes back. Honestly, when you were so depressed I got choked up. I would have shot the old girl a long time ago. It looks good, it runs, and before much longer you'll have the engine back, rebuilt and ready to roll again.
Thanks for giving me inspiration to get my project back on track!
Matt Miller
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by 1988YJ7 1988YJ7 wrote:

Dennis, I read your whole thread today. It was like watching one of those movie of the week deals or a sad love story. Boy meets Jeep, boy takes Jeep across country, boy thinks he's losing Jeep, Jeep comes back. Honestly, when you were so depressed I got choked up. I would have shot the old girl a long time ago. It looks good, it runs, and before much longer you'll have the engine back, rebuilt and ready to roll again.
Thanks for giving me inspiration to get my project back on track!

Thank you for the kind words Matt.  Right now the Jeep and I are on speaking terms again. LOL 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:26pm
Put my hood blocks and headlight rings back on. Also removed and painted the wiper arms.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:30pm
Put a lock on the toolbox lid.  The lid is from one Willys, the box is from another Willys, the tub is a whole different one and the floors have been replaced. LOL

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:32pm
This was on the box lid when I bought it. I put clear coat on it.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:37pm
Some spray paint to make it look good from a distance. Nothing is original on this Jeep so I really don't care about the paint. 

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 8:50pm
Progress!  YAY!  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 12:05am
Added some black paint.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Progress!  YAY!  Thumbs Up

Indeed! I may even attempt to drive it to work.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 8:57pm
...and on Tuesday of this week I drove my CJ to work! Nervous the whole time but made it there and back. Was even asked if I wanted to be in a parade. ( Well more if the Jeep wanted to be in it. My bosses boss has a '53 CJ3A that is going to be in it.)

When I got home I decided it is best if I rebuild the steering box before driving it again. It wanders and the sector shaft moves in and out of the box. Have a video and pictures on my phone that I'll post later
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 2:38am
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 2:39am
Removed the box.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 2:40am
Yummy.

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 6:15am
Have you got new bushings already?  Can you ream them to the correct ID?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Have you got new bushings already?  Can you ream them to the correct ID?

Have not bought a rebuild kit yet. Wanted to disassemble first and see what looked bad before I make the next step.

Took the disassembled box to work and wire wheeled all parts ( Still have to do the box itself but my lunch break was over.)   
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 12:51am
Is that zerk fitting plugging the fill hole? That’ s how my jeep was   was. 
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 51>