Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 51>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 7:40am
Same day.

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 3:41pm
Nice!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
1988YJ7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1988YJ7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 2:20am
I'm still amazed you drove your Cj2a half way across the country. Gotta love those real Jeeps!
Matt Miller
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by 1988YJ7 1988YJ7 wrote:

I'm still amazed you drove your Cj2a half way across the country. Gotta love those real Jeeps!

Berretta Jeep is my hero for sure too...he is the only guy I know of who was crazy enough to strap himself into his Willys and drive across the country in it...5.38 gears and all...and no overdrive either...he could write a book on that trip I bet...

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 9:21pm

Originally posted by mikec4193 mikec4193 wrote:

Berretta Jeep is my hero for sure too...he is the only guy I know of who was crazy enough to strap himself into his Willys and drive across the country in it...5.38 gears and all...and no overdrive either...he could write a book on that trip I bet...

MikeC

Others have driven them across the nation too. I'm just a stupid human with little to no caring for my self so it was easy to jump in the Jeep and go.

Not sure about the book.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 6:31am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Not sure about the book.

Just take all your posts from the trip and embellish them a bit and put them together.  If it's not book length, make up stories until it is.  LOL
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2018 at 3:28am
Removed the home made tire carrier I bought a few years ago.
Looks better with our it and I never carry tools with me so if I do get a flat I couldn't change it anyway. 

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2018 at 3:44am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Removed the home made tire carrier I bought a few years ago.
Looks better with our it and I never carry tools with me so if I do get a flat I couldn't change it anyway. 

Looks like a Koenig top. Them are heavy. I have removed them by myself. It is a 3 person job now.
uncamonkey
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2018 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

Looks like a Koenig top. Them are heavy. I have removed them by myself. It is a 3 person job now.

It is actually not to bad for me to take off by myself.  It is just awkward. The top has plexiglass windows, so I shaved some glass weight making it lighter.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2018 at 4:11am
Changed the oil today.  Odometer is at 87219
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 4:43pm
Sunday morning drove it to the beach to watch the sunrise. Didn't really watch it, just drove as far as I could.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 4:44pm
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 4:44pm
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 4:50pm
Not sure how a far I drove down the beach, maybe a mile or so. I eventually reached the end.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 4:54pm
Then I turned around and drove home. When I got home I rinsed the Willys off inside and out.  Fixed a few things. A loose connection for the side market light on the top. Got rid of the "wings" on my ammo box. Now it opens smoothly. Fixed the hinge on the rear gate.

All and all it was a good day.

mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 5:41pm
Love those pictures you posted...the Jeep looks like it is happy out on the west coast for sure...

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 6:16pm
I’ll have to come down and tag along some Sunday morning Dennis. Looks like a peaceful morning. No clam diggers. 

MDF
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2018 at 4:15am
Originally posted by mikec4193 mikec4193 wrote:

Love those pictures you posted...the Jeep looks like it is happy out on the west coast for sure...

MikeC

Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

I’ll have to come down and tag along some Sunday morning Dennis. Looks like a peaceful morning. No clam diggers. 

MDF

Thanks Mikes!

It was peaceful. I actually did see a few parked cars, trucks, one cargo van Confused ( Mostly the tourist areas) Saw a couple tents too.   Other then that it felt like I was driving on a empty beach.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 51>