Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 51>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2019 at 10:15pm
I've been known to use pvc pipe, some fittings and make a po' boy quanset hut. When securely lashed down it's better than nuthin.. and will last the winter barring strong winds like here in So Idaho..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

and will last the winter barring strong winds like here in So Idaho..

I'm in the most North West part of Oregon, close to the Pacific and Columbia River. We've been known to get some wind
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2020 at 6:04am
Started prepping my backyard to put a 15x25 work area. Had to move my CJ and Cherokee. Being so close to the ocean my yard is basically sand and not level at all. Luckily I am able to just move some of the sand/ dirt around to get it close to level before I add stones. 
Unfortunately my yard is full of nails, rusty metal and garbage. So as I move the dirt around I keep finding this. I've been filtering it through a metal grate to get as much as I can get out. Found a few pennies and a 1942 Liberty dime. 

Edited by berettajeep - 24 Apr. 2020 at 6:14am
Beach Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2020 at 5:49pm
This is the first time that I have looked at your thread. I am a part time citizen in Long Beach. My '48 2A is mostly for going to the beach. I was supposed to be there right now but the C 19 thing has kept us home (Lynnwood). Maybe we get together some time and go to Social Security beach? Don
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2020 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Beach Bum Beach Bum wrote:

This is the first time that I have looked at your thread. I am a part time citizen in Long Beach. My '48 2A is mostly for going to the beach. I was supposed to be there right now but the C 19 thing has kept us home (Lynnwood). Maybe we get together some time and go to Social Security beach? Don

I had to look up where Social Security beach was, I never heard that before I've been there a few times it both my '47 and '74 Jeeps. ( And it is maybe 10 minutes away at the most )

I'm hoping to finish the work area so I can start rebuilding my 2A. Bearings and king pins are shot in the axles, Need to put in the rebuilt motor I have, Rebuild a transmission and mate it to the already rebuilt transfer case.
Than I'll be ready to drive it

Of course it is raining and I'm at work. Hoping the weekend dries out for me.
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2020 at 3:53am
Nice work area Clap
Cool find on the dime. 
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2020 at 4:43pm
Good to see your back at it Dennis. Second on the dime find.  I’d probably keep digging. 
Put me up a Jeep house last fall. Kinda surprised it didn’t fall down. 

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 5:08am
a4cj2a77 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4cj2a77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 5:24am
Testing the waters so to speak, looks like enough room for for your rebuild. 
Phil
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 8:29pm
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 8:31pm
Also found a '45 quarter. I would use a metal detector to see what else I can find but with all the nails I am finding everywhere I would be digging the whole yard up!

otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 8:36pm
It looks like you’re about 38 cents ahead on your project! Are you formed up for concrete?
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by otto otto wrote:

It looks like you’re about 38 cents ahead on your project! Are you formed up for concrete?

Sort of. I would love to get the whole thing poured at the same time but can't afford it all at once. So I plan on doing it myself in sections.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 5:28am
Such a beautiful day I took the top off, folded the windshield down and used it as a tractor to compact the 3/4 minus. 

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 5:30am
But of course it is going to rain so I put the top back on. Cry

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 12:23am
Not much getting done, way to many other projects plus by the time I get home from work It is either raining or I am exhausted.

Yesterday I moved the 2A to mow the lawn under it and the rest of the yard too. When I finished I had some time before dinner that I removed my taillights and the wiring harness for the taillights.
It is a small step I know but I won't have this on the road any time soon so I might as well start doing little things on the Jeep.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 4:29am
Your doing way more than me.  I been tripping over an ever growing pile of repair parts for over a year. All I do is drive it and check the oil.  
Max View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 1:13pm
that top is a beauty, did you build it yourself or is it an old model?
Max
CJ2A 110861
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 51>