Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 51>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 11:24pm
Rearranged the area next to where I am rebuilding the Jeep to get access to the saw horses. Body was coming off today and I had to put it somewhere. 

Of course it rained all day today but with the help of my girlfriend we lifted the tub off the frame and onto the horses.

I took extra time pressure washing everything, this is probably cleaner than when I first put it together ten years ago. Hopefully the weather will be a bit better tomorrow so I can remove the driveshafts and emergency brake off the transfer case.

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 3:09am
Rear axle is complete minus brakes. 

More disassembling done today. Driveshafts, exhaust, clutch linkage, transfer case and miscellaneous items removed.  I am so glad I pressure washed first, makes thing so much easier. 

First I removed the drivershafts or propeller shafts if you like.

Notice anything wrong?

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 3:13am

There is parts from at minimum six Willys vehicles  in this photo. 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2022 at 2:10am
Willys torn down to the frame this evening. 

Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2022 at 8:54pm
Wow !!
Great job!!Clap
It’s going to be fun seeing it go back togetherBig smile
I see one driveline is out of phase. 
Keep the updates coming.
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2022 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Wow !!
Great job!!Clap
It’s going to be fun seeing it go back togetherBig smile
I see one driveline is out of phase. 
Keep the updates coming.

Thanks Ben. 
I must have not paid to much attention when putting the shaft back together after cleaning old dirt and grease from it. Embarrassed I painted the shafts I will be using today when I stopped at work. Those one are aligned correctly LOL
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2022 at 2:32am
Went to work today and painted the driveshafts, bellhousing and some other misc stuff. 
Back at home I built the spring packs I'm going to use. Combination of the stock springs and aftermarket Rancho springs, which may have been 2.5 lift. Guessing I may be at the same height or slightly taller. Springs were 10 leafs per pack now they are 7.  Taking them to work tomorrow to clean up and paint. 

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2022 at 2:38am
Set the frame where I will be assembling the Jeep.  

Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2022 at 8:55am
Nice looking springs must be great to be making progress.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2022 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Mark W. Mark W. wrote:

Nice looking springs must be great to be making progress.

They look even better now that I spent a few hours after work today cleaning them with a wire wheel.  Put a light coat of paint on them. Tuesday it is suppose to be near 70 degrees so I'll get some more paint on them.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2022 at 1:25am
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2022 at 9:57pm
Of course. Leaf spring bushings, two different sizes and metals. Have not looked into replacements yet. 

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 12:48am
Yesterday the weather was nice after work so I started cleaning the frame up using a pick. Originally when I put this together I quickly wire brushed the frame and painted it. This time I am going over every section and cleaning dirt out of every area.
 Even had my partner help flip the frame upside down. I then tried to remove the bolts that held what remained of the front axle bump stops. Two were removed without much of a struggle, the other two broke of course.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 12:58am
Today was much different. Rained all day and was windy when I got home. Sideways rain is not fun to work in and neither is working in a pop up garage, so I spent my time quickly taking the front axle locking hubs apart. No money to get new ones or even a rebuild kit so I'll clean everything up, replace O-rings,  new grease and gaskets and be done with them.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 8:03pm
Sun is out and it is not raining so as soon as I got home I painted the underside of the frame. Not that exciting so no photos. 
 Not one to watch paint dry, I removed the pistons from the '41 block that was in the Jeep.
Piston 1.

Piston 2.

So any guesses why I had no power and had smoke coming out the exhaust? LOL
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 8:57pm
That engine was a short time from something bad happening! LOL

What happened to Bouy Beer?
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

I removed the pistons from the '41 block that was in the Jeep.
So any guesses why I had no power and had smoke coming out the exhaust? LOL

What size are the pistons now & what shape is/are the bores in?
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by otto otto wrote:

That engine was a short time from something bad happening! LOL

What happened to Bouy Beer?

Before we moved to our house, 5 years ago, it started knocking really bad. I'd only start the Jeep if I had to move it. One day it stopped knocking so I just used it for yard work duty. LOL

Have a couple friends who work at Buoy and luckily noone was there at the time of the collapse. Think the pilings gave out underneath.  They shut their kitchen down not long ago because part of it collapsed. Good thing it happened when they were closed for the day. Fom the photos it does not look like it affected the back bar/dining room too much. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 51>