Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my 48

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2018 at 6:05am
Enjoying the build and your pics!
LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
43 M16A2 Half-Track w/44 M10      
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2018 at 12:34pm
Alright! Thanks guys! The weather is absolutely garbage in my neck of the woods, so ima be hitting it hard this weekend!
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

hey man! You lost me with those pics of your fingerWink At least you have that old hound to keep you company LOL Seriously though, your build looks great and is coming along nicely.... I like how you get things done, like painting outside with snow on the ground.... Can't wait to see the engine in the frame!! 

Sorry about the finger picture! Not to worry though, i keep my leathers with my benchtop at all times now, so hopefully no more ruined finger pictures! (At least from the grinder!)
Bedpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 1:21am
Your build looks like it's coming along great. I would absolutely not use gloves with a bench grinder though. Your grinder also appears to be missing a tool rest and some guarding. Stay safe, and keep up the good work Thumbs Up

Edited by Bedpost - 15 Apr. 2018 at 1:25am
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 2:54am
X2 on the no gloves Joe W    That was strange just as I was posting lost power for about 30 sec. hope it's not a sign of what's to come. Joe W

Edited by wadoyado - 15 Apr. 2018 at 2:59am
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Bedpost Bedpost wrote:

Your build looks like it's coming along great. I would absolutely not use gloves with a bench grinder though. Your grinder also appears to be missing a tool rest and some guarding. Stay safe, and keep up the good work Thumbs Up

Yeah, it's a real pile of crap (harbor freight) didn't come with a rest and it vibrates so bad the guards have literally fallen off...i need to invest in some better quality wheels..that may help. I can see where gloves may be a bigger problem ...id bet my finger would be broken had I been wearing them....lack of skin isn't fun though either!
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 3:52am
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 3:56am
some rough fitment, set the tub on to check my motor mount location. Just need to burn the motor mounts in...progress!!!!
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 4:34pm
some more fitment,.i will probably clearance the firewall a bit on the.drivers side so the valve cover has some breathing room

Edited by BryanB - 15 Apr. 2018 at 4:40pm
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 4:38pm
Bill2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 4:41pm
If you can fudge the motor mounts forward a 1/2 inch or so, both the firewall and valve cover will be happier. LOL
1946 CJ2A 14098
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Bill2A Bill2A wrote:

If you can fudge the motor mounts forward a 1/2 inch or so, both the firewall and valve cover will be happier. LOL

Yeah, i shouldve, but I already clearanced the firewall, I'll have it closed up and looking respectable Big smile
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 4:50pm
buick skylark drivers side exhaust manifold is perfect, dumps at a very handy angle..just fyi to all considering a 225 swap
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 5:25pm
Don't know how those flow but it can't be too bad.....looks almost like a cast iron header. Good choice!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by BryanB BryanB wrote:

buick skylark drivers side exhaust manifold is perfect, dumps at a very handy angle..just fyi to all considering a 225 swap

Wish I'd known that 40 years ago.  Confused
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2018 at 1:33am
starting to fit up the exhaust, just chopping up some parts store fittings and making them work for me
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2018 at 2:18am
so I was shopping for dual inlet mufflers , the usual flowmaster magnaflow blah, blah, blah....pretty much 100 bones more or less...then.....i saw a chunk of leftover 5" from a high flow setup on my duramax....my little brain gears started to turn...so I made my own "glass pack " consisted of a 16" section of 5", dual side 2-1/4 inlets and a single glass wrapped and perforated 2-1/2 " outlet.  First 8" of the inlet half of the 5" empty, the perforated outlet pipe stubs into this chaber, but isolated from the "glass packed" half of the 5" via a 5" welded ring with the 2.5" perforated passing through it, then stubbing out the end of the 5"...i dunno, might suck..we will see...im aiming to pop this thing off in the next few days. .Big smile
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2018 at 2:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>