Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My First Willy’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean1673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2006 at 6:23pm

Hi Steve I see Santa did'nt forget you this year WOW! what a Stocking stuffer .  It sounds like it a gentic thing.  I can remember my Dad having a willys pick up. Your sure right about the wine.  Music to my ears.  

Santa also visted here with the project I am starting. This site is AWWEESOME! !!!! the guys here are gr-r-reat!!!!!

It looks like you have a real nice one there. your much further ahead than I.    Keep us posted .    Dean 

StevenBrode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevenBrode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2006 at 9:29pm

Hey Dean

Right on about the site.  These guys have so much knowledge and some many good links and input. 

As far as the 48 it is running  but the body is in bad shape, lots of rust underneath. 

What a great Christmas!  It looks like you have a 45!  Rare & Pretty cool, even if it needs some work.  I am in the midst of an electrical head scratcher.  Looks like new wiring is required.  Enjoy and take care

Steven

Reno
Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2006 at 7:33am

Mine came from WY also with the same roll bar. Must have been a hot item there. Wonder who made or sold them.

Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
Rob H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2006 at 5:59pm
My 48 was Luzon Red originally also, musta been a poplar color choice. Yours doesn't look so bad as far as rust goes. Heres a pic of a bad body, this is my son's 51 3a.
Rob H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2006 at 6:02pm

That was my first time trying that, posting a pic that is. There wasn't enough good metal left in that thing to weld too. I'm gonna try to piece together a tub outta some of my other parts jeeps for him. This is a very low buck rebuild.

Rob H.

StevenBrode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevenBrode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2006 at 6:20pm

Yeah Ritt, I think that there must have been a bunch of big pipe left over from a job.  Seems kind of BIG for the willy's don't ya think..

Rob, That is what I'm afraid mine will look like if I try to take the body off of the frame.  I'm planning on patching floor panels and a paint job for the near future and a body rebuild in a couple of years.  It's a shame, the fenders were good but the tub was rusting so somebody decided to run a 1" wide weld as a patch.  I show a picture but I don't have the guts to post butcher work.  If you want to be disgusted go watch that new horror film.

by the way is that my tiller in the background. I had one just like that, it was my first rebuild.

Steven

Reno
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2006 at 7:50pm
hey rob h. that tub looks the the tub that was on my 46 parts jeep. i have some good fenders and a few other peices f you need something for that project.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
Rob H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2006 at 5:57am

Hey Mike thanks for the offer, but if I'd shown a little more back ground in that photo you'd have seen one of my parts jeeps with a good front end. I got a rear half that needs floors put in but the sides and fenders are pretty good, just have to put the two halves together. Gotta get the engine unstuck first.

I really haven't got around to that tiller yet Steve, but it was free so I'm in no hurry!

Rob

Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2006 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by StevenBrode StevenBrode wrote:

Yeah Ritt, I think that there must have been a bunch of big pipe left over from a job.  Seems kind of BIG for the willy's don't ya think..

I thought so and removed it but now the wife is nervous with out it. Guess mine was the same pipe but different shape.

Edited by Ritt - 10 Jan. 2006 at 1:51pm
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12