Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My former racing parts Jeeps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

I really HATE rust!  Angry

Me too.
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2019 at 3:05am
How much water is inside the gearbox? It rains a little where you are.
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2019 at 7:34am
Originally posted by otto otto wrote:

How much water is inside the gearbox? It rains a little where you are.

I have yet to take off any covers but I did check both gearboxes. Surprisingly the fluid looks decent.
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2019 at 5:21am
Wow nice findsClap
#1 definitely needs put back together! Glad you live on the other side of the state or I would be trying to figure out how much to offer you for it LOL
#2 Has some good parts.... to bad you live on the other side of the state, I’d be making you an offer on the manual Saginaw box for desert DogSmile 
Thanks for all the pictures 
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2019 at 12:41am
I finally added Jeep 1 to the data base. http://cj-2a.com/parts_list/CJ2A_data.php

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2019 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Wow nice findsClap
#1 definitely needs put back together! Glad you live on the other side of the state or I would be trying to figure out how much to offer you for it LOL
#2 Has some good parts.... to bad you live on the other side of the state, I’d be making you an offer on the manual Saginaw box for desert DogSmile 
Thanks for all the pictures 

Thanks Ben.
Jeep 1 does need to be saved. I have yet to open up any gear boxes or the motor to see what condition everything is.
Oil in the motor is gross and with nothing covering the carburetor for years I'm sure it has water in it. Between the rain and snow, getting home after dark and no garage, everything is just waiting for nice or even okay weather.

Jeep 2 is apart, it did not come with much.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2019 at 1:57am
Dennis keep in mind Richard Darr up there in Washougal as a source for what you might need to help Jeep 1 along. He does do some horse trading. Thats how I got the labor done on my Tranny and transfer case build. And you seam to have some extra parts.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2019 at 2:36am
Yesterday I opened up the transmission and transfer case. Gears look okay. Better the I thought they would. The shifter cane is broken so I will need to source a used one.

Today I removed all the spark plugs from the motor and try to turn it over. Unsuccessful in getting it to move but I also didn't try that much LOL   Sprayed penetrating oil into each plug hole before putting the plugs back in.

Also put together small stands for Jeep 2's frame. They'll lift it about a foot off the ground. Going to move this so I have room to work on Jeep 1.  Need it to be slightly above ground so the  it takes the weeds longer to grow over LOL

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2019 at 2:49pm
Yesterday I finally got around to finding out why the rear tires would not turn on the '46 Jeep. 
It took a while but I able to get both rear drums off and the axle shafts were able to spin. Left the drums off for now since the brakes are shot anyway, don't want them rusting together again.

So then I put one tire back on to figure out the gear ratio. Quick test revealed 4.09-4.11:1 ratio.  I put the other tire on and the axle has a limited slip/locker or Lincoln locker.

No bearing noise or slop when turning the wheels in either direction.  It was getting dark so I'll wait to remove the cover to see how the gears look.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 6:18pm
Sunday I moved the Jeeps around and loosely bolted the front clip on. 

TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 7:23pm
That’s pretty cool looking. It would have been one sweet Jeep in its day.
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by TateC TateC wrote:

I think it still is Tate. just needs a little Love
TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 12:41am
Oh I didn’t mean it’s not a sweet Jeep today, because it is a sweet Jeep back then and today. Good luck on the project.
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
Jim C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 6:04pm
Would love to come visit and talk jeep tech. I'm currently working in Clatskanie, just up the road from you.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Jim C Jim C wrote:

Would love to come visit and talk jeep tech. I'm currently working in Clatskanie, just up the road from you.

This would be a great weekend visit Dennis.  Annual Seafood and wine Festival.  
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

Originally posted by TateC TateC wrote:

I think it still is Tate. just needs a little Love

I agree it looks cool the way it sits now but back in its day it looked amazing and probably sounded good with the V6 and dual side pipes. Unfortunately there is a lot of rust/rot.
I would love to get it back to a running driving Jeep, eventually. It would be a blast to drive on the beach.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 9:13pm

Sending a PM.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

This would be a great weekend visit Dennis.  Annual Seafood and wine Festival.  

I'm planning on working on the home and cleaning the backyard up. Have to keep my girlfriend happy, Don't want her thinking we live in a junkyard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>