Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My new lawn ornament

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new lawn ornament
    Posted: 24 Apr. 2006 at 11:04pm

I have been working on this old $50 GPW that I bought about 5 years ago. Tub floor is pretty well gone, someone covered the rear panel with sheet metal, same whith the floor. Took off the layer of metal on back panel and it still has the ford script on it.Frame # is GPW 21213. Anyway I have about $80 into it, Walmart camo spray paint. Just wanted something to look at when I'm in the back yard. Just hated to see it just rust away,so I think it's kind of cool!

Rick
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2006 at 11:26pm

I like it Rick!

Much better than a flower planter IMO :)

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting "...holy cow, what a ride!"
ricksslatts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2006 at 11:33pm

I'm going to take a 2X4 and make a bumper and then I'm going to make an anti-decapitation device and hang a humming-bird feeder on it. I'll cover it back up in the winter. Man, the weather is sure nice here in Oregon, right now!

Rick
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2006 at 10:13am
Dang, itis a good thing you aren't one of the Ebay Bottom feeder types.. I can see it now.. All ORIGINAL GPW NOT MB CJ2A FARMALL CUB JOHN DEERE- RESTORED AND PARADE READY!!!!!!!!!
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2006 at 3:50pm
Rick, That looks like a great starter. It looks like it's beggin' to be finished.
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
 Post Reply Post Reply