Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Project 47 CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysifly2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Project 47 CJ2A
    Posted: 09 Mar. 2009 at 5:03am
http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/ysifly2/47Willys/

I hope the above link works this is my first attempt.

1947 CJ-2A 90184 "Red Baroness"
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2009 at 1:19pm

Nice project with some neat  parts...I see a horn and an ag weight, for example. What are your plans for the buildup...Stock or wheelin jeep?

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Scott R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2009 at 1:31pm

Looks like your starting with a very solid vehicle.

That is the smallest snow blade I have ever seen. LOL 

Ok I know it's your front bumper with a tow bar attached, but it did take me awhile to figure out.

Michigan Flat Fender Club on Facebook

1949 CJ2A #221621

1965 CJ-5
p3ferris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2009 at 1:33pm
must have a pto on it because I see a throttle handle on the dash
Ed
cj2a lefty
ovrlnd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovrlnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2009 at 5:57pm
that tub is junk the best thing you can do is send it to meĀ LOLLOLLOL

awesome find.
dirtbuggy View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2009 at 6:04pm
very cool project I like the color (same as my 04 tj ) i am going to paint my 47 flatfender green so it blends into its surronds
ysifly2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysifly2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2009 at 7:43pm
So far here's the deal....
It does have a Ag weight, as well as a throttle handle it also has some fixtures in the bed that mount to the frame actually sandwich the frame, also has overloads on it. But it does not have a PTO on it. And the Ag misc is staying off of it it looks like it has taken its toll on some of the parts of the jeep....front of the frame has been welded and the bed of the tub is junk.

The color is not original, the original color is Luzon Red so it will go back to that color or a color that is close.

I am going to do a restore on it as close as an amateur like me can get it. I've got a long road ahead of me and I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

PS.....
That is a very very rare snow blade actually it is made for fine grading. I hear it is very very valuable.... Wanna buy it? LOL

Also the tub is junk so I am in the process of taking a plasma cutter to it and cutting it up for scrap id plate and all..WinkLOL
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2009 at 9:01pm
Nice project. I see it has those ultra rare racing braces for the windshield!  Wink

Larry
ysifly2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysifly2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2009 at 9:06pm
Don't forget the studded tires for desert ice track racing.
Splam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2009 at 1:31am
Nice j3(Cub) is it yours?
1947 CJ2A
CHOO46CJ2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHOO46CJ2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2009 at 5:16am

I am jealous, looks like an "easy" resto project. I am looking for one like that just to leave as is so i can play around at the farm. Anybody got one? Wink

Matt in Missouri
 Post Reply Post Reply