Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Napa Parts List?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeeperJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2018 at 7:14pm
They also have the two pole ignition switch for our jeeps.

part number KS6040 NAPA/Echlin
JeeperJim
cj2ajim@gmail.com
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2018 at 4:39am
   Just curious Jim,
Was the switch found by "application" or "part number" ?

I have an account at my local store which i have had for 30-years.
It took some doing to have the store grant me an account, and because of low volume, i don't get the discount that the shops get, but i like the convenience of signing the ticket and getting to know the parts-clerks.
   My reasoning behind the account is that a clerk who knows you, may go the extra mile to find that part. And i have had one guy (who is very good) ask me to give him a day barring interruptions, to find the part.
   The Napa stores in my area are "individually" owned, so that is why a personal account is difficult to be blessed with, but do ask.

Napa is not necessarily cheap (go to O'Riely's or Autozone) but i just like the connection being a regular customer.
   And it is amazing what parts a good counter-person can find for us.

Today, with "Amazon" the behemouth, just about anything needed can be shipped to your front porch Over-night .... oh, and Free shipping.
   Personally, i do not use Amazon, only for research comparisons.

hahaha ..... I should not date myself, but the Fel-pro engine set I used to assemble my Clifford-equipped Ford 300 inline six is holding strong after 20-years of trailer-towing back and forth over the Pacific Coast range.

Autozone used to have a very good inventory of "service-manuals" available online, and free to download if you sign up as a user, which was most helpful on vehicles that i needed to research.

And i am lucky to only be 5-miles north or south of Napa stores.

I used to be a life-long Victor gasket fan, and have found myself switching to Fel-pro engine sets or individual gaskets. (i just do like the blue water jacket sealer-bead). And, the head gaskets are designed to be non-re-torque.
   I do like the Fel-pro metal-laminate exhaust collector gaskets, as i have had super-good luck with them.

i would bet that the 2A spring shackles may be available becuase Napa i think now owns Moog, which makes steering and suspension products.
   ( i haven't checked the list, and hope they are on there )

Len
JeeperJim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeeperJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2018 at 2:41pm
The switch was found only by description only but the well rounded, experienced man knew what I needed.
Jim
JeeperJim
cj2ajim@gmail.com
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2019 at 4:49am
Jim:
    I'll see you Friday, Oct. 18,2019, and am bringing those cast iron pieces I welded for you to inspect for me.   hahahaha

Talking Parts:   my father was an automotive parts man his entire career, retiring out with 22-years with GM.
   Clear back in 1963, when I was in 7th grade he showed my the INTERCHANGE BOOK. He said "this is the Bible of parts interchangeability."

RockAuto has a good parts INTERCHANGE and it will give us many numbers used by different manufacturers and Applications for cross-reference. (mfr's).
So, we can write down several of those interchange numbers and take them in to Napa for them to look-up for availability.   :)

jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2019 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Greaser007 Greaser007 wrote:

Jim:
    I'll see you Friday, Oct. 18,2019, and am bringing those cast iron pieces I welded for you to inspect for me.   hahahaha

Talking Parts:   my father was an automotive parts man his entire career, retiring out with 22-years with GM.
   Clear back in 1963, when I was in 7th grade he showed my the INTERCHANGE BOOK. He said "this is the Bible of parts interchangeability."

RockAuto has a good parts INTERCHANGE and it will give us many numbers used by different manufacturers and Applications for cross-reference. (mfr's).
So, we can write down several of those interchange numbers and take them in to Napa for them to look-up for availability.   :)

Get your peepers  on LenLOL   Jeeper Jim VS Jeepster Jim.  Easy to do at your ageWinkLOLShocked
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
davidover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2020 at 9:37pm
Hey folks,

Ref the Napa parts list, as many know its rather old.  Does anyone have the Napa part number for the long oil line filter to Engine?  The short line part number still works, however the older part number for the longer line does not.  

Thanks
1947 CJ2A #93851
1947 CJ2A #99701
1947 CJ2A #95504
1950 CJ3A #59575
1946 CJ2A #53228
1948 CJ2A #?????
1944 MB ROLLING CHASSIS #?????
1946 CJ2A #38008
1945 MB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345