Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Bulb for Blinker and Turn Signal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpatowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Bulb for Blinker and Turn Signal
    Posted: 03 Aug. 2021 at 7:32pm
When I rebuilt my 1947 CJ 2a I wanted the front parking lights to also function as turn signals. I purchased the correct wiring harness that accommodated this. My issue is finding the correct bulbs. 

I have a 6-volt system. I need a small bulb because there isn't much room behind the lens. Can anyone tell me which bulb I should purchase?

Thanks!
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2021 at 8:55pm

I found  small 6 volt bulbs that worked at a local Advance Auto parts store. Original bulbs are 3 C.P. (3 candle power).
  If you want exact reproduced replacements you can get the Ford model "T" 3 C.P. bulbs  at https://www.modeltford.com/item/6-3CP.aspx.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
rpatowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpatowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2021 at 12:39am
Thanks, WeeWilly. I probably should have mentioned that I need a dual-filament bulb with two contacts in the rear. That will allow it to work as a turn signal and a parking light.

The one you referenced, unfortunately is a singe-filament bulb.

Thank you!

Can anyone else tell me what I need?

Mike P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2021 at 12:57am
Might try investigating motorcycle turn signal lamps as a source. I know they make small 12v dual filament bulbs but I don’t know about a 6v version.
cdn2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdn2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2021 at 8:50pm

I did this and it works well with original single filament bulbs and housings. Park lights with turn signal.
 Post Reply Post Reply