Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need floorboard photo and dimensions please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agas46cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need floorboard photo and dimensions please
    Posted: 14 Aug. 2022 at 8:14pm
I am requesting a photo of the drivers side floor pan under the fuel tank and up against the riser. Mine happens to be missing, was a homemade piece screwed in that didn’t fit right. I would also like a measurement of the distance from the side to where the floor board bends up for the transmission hump. I’m
Making my own floors and welding them in. I want to get it close as I can to what it’s supposed to be. I did buy a hat channel kit. I just couldn’t  make one for the cost of one already made. I could actually use the same photo and dimensions for under the toolbox as well. I think the toolbox itself is ok, but it’s a toolbox to the ground. 
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2022 at 9:32pm
I've been down this road. I didn't use any measurements to make the floors, just fitted them to the riser and sides of the tub and left the inside a bit long to make the transition. Also use the fuel tank and toolbox as guides. Makes sure the entire floor is flat and on the same plane so the hat channels fit flush.

You could refer to my build if you like; I think it was documented fairly well with photos.
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2022 at 8:30am
That section of floor is flat from the bottom edge of the tunnel to the Toe boards put a flat section of sheet metal 16ga in there and then run the rough edge of the tunnel straight down to it and you will be really really close.

If I were you I would see if anyone has a decent tunnel section you could cut and plug in. Luckily that whole area is under the edge of the fuel tank so it isn't seen.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2022 at 9:39pm
I'm sorry, no dimensions.  This project has been assembled...

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
 Post Reply Post Reply