Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need pics of hinge area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need pics of hinge area
    Posted: 29 Mar. 2022 at 11:14pm
The PO had turned the tailgate into a bottom open dump style.  I’m taking it back to factory, but the lower angle iron was replaced too so I can't see exactly where the hinges go.  If some one could send me a pic with a measurement from the outside and a good pic with tailgate up and down.  It appears on mine that the floor lips over that back horizontal piece (where I think the bantam wording is to be put.  Any help is appreciated.  
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2022 at 12:15am
There's been a bit posted on hinges.  

My trailer is sitting up on end so I can't get anything off it right now, but here's a couple of images from before the blasting/priming:

I believe you're right in that the floor pan overlaps the rear channel.  That rear channel appears to be the same dimensions as the side rails.  From what I can see, it appears to fit completely inside the side rails with the end flap bent over to form a box inside the side rails (a closed C channel).  That hole behind the right hinge I believe to be original - not sure what its purpose was.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2022 at 6:37am
The front of the floor is bent up (the military rear would also be bent up) the T3-C is bent down to go over the rear cross member. All the cross members are the same and the rear is reversed, The hole was for the wiring harness to pass thru each one, the rear ends us on the right side since it was reversed to face forward.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2022 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Rus Curtis Rus Curtis wrote:

There's been a bit posted on hinges.  

My trailer is sitting up on end so I can't get anything off it right now, but here's a couple of images from before the blasting/priming:

I believe you're right in that the floor pan overlaps the rear channel.  That rear channel appears to be the same dimensions as the side rails.  From what I can see, it appears to fit completely inside the side rails with the end flap bent over to form a box inside the side rails (a closed C channel).  That hole behind the right hinge I believe to be original - not sure what its purpose was.

Perfect.  Thanks.  One of the links was my posting of how I found the hinges.  Since the bottom angle iron was changed out for a bigger size (probably 1 in), now I have to decide if I want to change it out for the correct size.  
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2022 at 10:25am
Originally posted by 48cj2a 48cj2a wrote:

....All the cross members are the same and the rear is reversed, The hole was for the wiring harness to pass thru each one, the rear ends us on the right side since it was reversed to face forward.

That's some good detail!  I had not noticed that.  Thanks, Art!  
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
 Post Reply Post Reply