Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need some advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some advice
    Posted: 08 Dec. 2021 at 10:13pm
trying to figure out if this is the original windshield-look familiar to anyone? I'm thinking it's not a 47'. also, any thoughts on wheel well color...should it be body color or black? 
Mark Miller
GA Mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2021 at 10:17pm
sorry having trouble uploading the pic
Mark Miller
GA Mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2021 at 10:19pm
Mark Miller
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2021 at 11:20pm
not sure what it is but its not a 47 CJ2A stock windshield.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
jpoole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpoole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2021 at 12:30am
Try to share a few more pictures, including the inside/back of the windshield.  Some modifications have definitely been made, possibly to aid in the fitment of a hardtop and doors.  That could be a stock window inside the extra pieces surrounding the top and sides but the experts in what a '47 came will need to verify that.

Here's the OG poster's image for those that couldn't load the file from the .zip.

cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2021 at 4:35am
My totally WAG is CJ-5 or maybe a late CJ-3b or a DJ-5. Note the distance between the bottom of the glass & the top of the cowl. IMHO, That is too short for a low hood flat fender. Also didn't the wipers being at the bottom of the windscreen begin with the late CJ-3b? Are the wipers electric or vacuum?

Of course it is could be a J.C.Whitney after market part.
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2021 at 8:38am
MB/GPW windshield, I think it was a little shorter than the CJ. It looks like the slider style adjustment arms, and you can see where they filled the spot for the manual wipers with bolts. They probably added those extra bits so it would work with a cj3a hard top.

Edited by 48willys - 09 Dec. 2021 at 8:42am
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7
GA Mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2021 at 4:15pm
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I need to find a replacement. I don't have any additional pics as it's at a paint shop. 

Any thoughts on wheel well color? 
Mark Miller
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2021 at 7:39pm
  CJ5/DJ5 windshield is totally different, different shape, different hinge arrangement, different body cowl shape. CJ3B had a square-tube frame, a one-piece glass and no tip-out feature. My vote is MB/GPW. Wipers have been relocated by Bubba forever. 
BW 

Edit to add: Inside the fenders, front and rear, same color as the rest of the body. 
BW 

Edited by Bruce W - 09 Dec. 2021 at 7:42pm
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2021 at 11:06pm
I'm also guessing a modified or scratch-built unit to go with a hard top. It may have been made by a company to go with their top. 

Edited by oldscot3 - 09 Dec. 2021 at 11:08pm
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec. 2021 at 11:06am
May be a salvageable MB windshield frame underneath the surrounding add on. Wish we could see the other side. It looks fairly sound. I might be interested in it it you want to sell it. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
 Post Reply Post Reply