Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New in every Way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2016 at 5:30pm
Cool, a column shift 46 with a newgren hitch!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2016 at 5:47pm
Wow those are some HD Arms! Sweet! Nice find.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2016 at 5:57pm
I'm really digging the "plumbing" Smile
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2016 at 7:57pm
Welcome to The CJ2A Page.
Nice Find!
Give me a shout if you need any help Sir.
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2016 at 11:10pm
Picture 5 in the first group shows the arms for the Newgren lift  These are often lost since they could be easily removed for trips into town.  Look around for the top link too.

The Hy-Low Jeep pump was probably added when the snow plow was purchased.  The valves direct the pump output to the front (snow plow) or rear (hitch).Any pictures of the underside of the hitch? I need to look closer  to see how they are controlling the up/down of the plow - is there a small lever between the seats?  Newgren used a crank driven pump and controlled up/down with a rod that ran from the rear of the reservoir where the control valve was located.

Great project!
https://www.farmjeep.com/
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2016 at 4:21pm
Thanks for the information Barry. If you go back to the photobucket links, Ive added updated photos as we disassemble.  I'll get a under frame photo shortly.
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2016 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by CJ2A-CT CJ2A-CT wrote:

Thanks for the information Barry. If you go back to the photobucket links, Ive added updated photos as we disassemble.  I'll get a under frame photo shortly.

In the photo of the dash, I can see the Hy-Lo pump control rod above and to the left of the e-brake.  I'm guessing the Newgren reservoir and  control valve have been removed (or are not used) and there is a single hose back to the cylinder which is visible in the under the hood photo.  

Hope you are still having fun!

Barry
Batjac65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batjac65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2016 at 12:34am
Awesome deal. Regarding the serial numbers - on the picture titled "no numbers" look at the flat area above and right of the area you cleaned. It should be right above the water pump.
1946 CJ2A #75375
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2016 at 1:56am
I'll check there tomorrow AM , thanks
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2016 at 2:10am
Thanks Terry, Found engine numbers today.. Also removed the wheel, steering column with column shifter and got the tub off, everything came off very easy.   All updated on the earlier "Photoshop" link. Many of these parts will not be used in the rebuild, going to shift on the floor.
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2016 at 1:07pm
From the photo at the back of the frame, it is clear that the Newgren reservoir and control aren't there.  That was to be expected.  I was just curious if the PO might have left them in place.  The unit can be removed from the frame by taking off a strap held on by a couple of screws.  I'm always looking for spare parts.

On my lift, there is a small "bleeder" hose located near the end of the cylinder case.  It is connected to the top of the reservoir.  I see in the picture what looks like a small hose along side the cylinder - can you tell me where it goes?

CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2016 at 2:49pm
Maybe I'm missing something here.. I downloaded an additional photo of when we first saw the 2A in the woods. Guess I assumed this is how it worked: On the back of the windshield plate near where Willys is spelled out, were up/down buttons connected to the the hydro pump/ under the hood (shown in earlier photo) The large tube you circled went up the side rail to this pump. The "plumbing" under the hood allowed the pump to control the plow in front or the Newgren lift in the rear.  The small hose you refer to is only about 18" long with a screw inserted in one end. I'll check where its connected to this afternoon.  Is there something additional that should be on here?  Thanks
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2016 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by CJ2A-CT CJ2A-CT wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something here.. I downloaded an additional photo of when we first saw the 2A in the woods. Guess I assumed this is how it worked: On the back of the windshield plate near where Willys is spelled out, were up/down buttons connected to the the hydro pump/ under the hood (shown in earlier photo) The large tube you circled went up the side rail to this pump. The "plumbing" under the hood allowed the pump to control the plow in front or the Newgren lift in the rear.  The small hose you refer to is only about 18" long with a screw inserted in one end. I'll check where its connected to this afternoon.  Is there something additional that should be on here?  Thanks

Nothing more needed or missing.  The small tube, now with a screw in the end, was part of the original Newgren setup, and not needed with the Hy-Lo pump.  The up/down of the pump or plow (I don't think the output of the Hy-Lo pump was big enough to handle both at the same time) was control by a rod hooked to the control lever on top of the pump.  This rod goes through the firewall and into the dash.  You pull or push the rod to raise/lower the lift/plow.  I need to look for the buttons to see what they might be for.  The pump operation is purely mechanical.

CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2016 at 10:52pm
    Thanks, Photo attached showing bleeder line to Newgren lift.
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:46am
Just an update to let you know that the Tub, Engine, trans, etc has been removed from the frame. The frame is now bare, on a stand and being wire brushed. Can't believe the amount of dirt/grease in the inner frame. We'll power wash it this week before we do the final wire brushing. Everything came apart very easily, three broken bolts in the entire process, but now the hard work starts. We have a rebuild 46 L134 coming to us this Friday. We sold the Newgren Lift with long arms to a forum member. Hope he's happy! We will not be using our column shifter and trying to decide if we are going to mod the T90 side loader (great shape)to a top shift or look for someone with a good working top loader to trade. Yes, I know a good side loader is hard to find!! Any suggestions??  Once again, being an old guy that isn't on the internet much, I'm having a hard time uploading pictures. 'll keep trying
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:59am
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 1:03am
 photo 5-7-16 001_zps1drrza3c.jpg
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2016 at 3:25am
Just an update that the frame is nearing completion and we are getting ready to clean, etch and paint with Por 15 next weekend. New rebuilt engine arrived and just received our new 46 windshield. My fathers Day present tonight was that Jason reworked our original tailgate for our 2A. A great gift!!  Photos if I can get them......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>