Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member From CT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2020 at 11:16pm
Brought a smile to my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar. 2020 at 6:07pm
Thank you for the comments guys, I appreciate them Embarrassed
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2020 at 1:52pm
Wow, it's been a while since I got to play with the Jeep (way too long).... I was happy to get some time in this weekend.

I believe it was back in June when my friend Greg (3-48's) gave me a drivers side step after noticing I was missing one. He was kind enough to drop it off and say a quick hello on his way home from picking up his peddle car.. Thank you again Greg! I still need to repair the floors before installing.

Back in late August I picked up a really nice fender from Joe DeYoung... My buddy mbullism also picked up an awesome rear seat... With the help from Joe and Bob Donovan from BC Vintage Jeeps, Mike was able to get our parts in the back of Bob's truck and driven all the way to CT! Thank you so much guys! Mike, Bob and I all met at Mhovey46' (Matts) house where Matt was picking up some seriously cool stuff!! His collection runs deep! LOL

Finally I picked up this NOS rifle rack from Vermont CL... I was going to pass it up, but for some reason I just had to have it! I don't know why, I don't hunt or have a big ranch or anything?? LOL We put some of Grandpa's old toys in there for show, I'm not sure If I should drive around with them? Maybe I will paint the front sights orange or something.

Edited by ggordon49 - 08 Sep. 2020 at 2:03pm
Pope891 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pope891 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2020 at 2:13pm
Nice additions! 
Instagram #flatfenderpope

My Build
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Pope891 Pope891 wrote:

Nice additions! 

Thanks Pope! Let me know when you are ready to help me with my floors WinkLOL
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2020 at 7:27pm
Funny how if you drive around with grampas old toys you may cause a panic, but if you put an orange cap over the end everybody knows they're safe Ermm
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2020 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

Funny how if you drive around with grampas old toys you may cause a panic, but if you put an orange cap over the end everybody knows they're safe Ermm

I know Confused I'm not looking for trouble and I can only imagine someone calling in the SWAT team LOL
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2020 at 10:20pm
If you don't go looking, how'r you ever gonna find it? LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2020 at 2:11pm
I took some glamour shots this weekend too Smile We have had a beautiful stretch of weather!

TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2020 at 3:54pm
Nice! Fun fall colors, we had a early freeze here in Utah so all the trees lost there leaves without any color Cry

Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2020 at 3:47am
Great Thread, Great Pics, Good shared work.
Thanks. Enjoy the little ones as they grow up fast.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker
a4cj2a77 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4cj2a77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2020 at 8:34pm
Nice pics, is that area part of your property. Trees were on fire and your jeep is hiding ready to pounce!
Phil
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2020 at 1:12pm
Thanks Guys Embarrassed Yeah, those are two maples in our front yard... They are always the last trees on the property to loose their leaves. They have been through some pretty bad late October snow/ice storms and survived well... The kids and I made a zip line across the two which is fun. They also make great climbing trees Smile
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2020 at 1:52pm
Grandpa got a new plow Jeep!! Clap Big smile We believe it's a 1957, it is all stock drivetrain and looks great underneath.. It runs, drives, stops, and plows, good to go LOL It will be used for the driveway and kept as a yard jeep. It spent the last 40 years on a farm (Westchester NY) and was always kept inside... The only thing that I have been thinking about is power steering?? With the big tires and plow up front, it's a bear to turn around.. I will add some more pics soon.

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2020 at 9:23pm
Grandpa did ok with our first storm... With a little over 12" of fairly heavy snow it was good test for the old green 55' (lovingly named the Grinch). We have some bugs to work out: (1) On a steep hill, fuel pressure is lost and stalls out.  We think it's just an old weak fuel pump, I have spare to swap out for testing. (2) Traction - I hope we can install some narrow tires with chains, that will help. We also need to add some weight, the JEEP was slippin and slidin away!!

Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2020 at 12:31am
Nice CJ5.  I run 235-75-15 general grabbers on my CJ5 for plowing. No chains. Always figure when the tires start spinning its better than cracking the frame so I've stayed away from chains. Mine has the same plow setup as yours - myers.  This weeks snow was rediculously heavy. We had 8" of heavy slop and the CJ was really talking when it had enough glop in front. You can move 2' of dry powder no problem.  

mkoloc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2020 at 2:13pm
Great looking pair of Jeeps !!
LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
43 M16A2 Half-Track w/44 M10      
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
mkoloc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2020 at 2:16pm
would it be possible to talk with you about that gun rack?
   mkoloc44@yahoo.com

//R//
Mark
LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
43 M16A2 Half-Track w/44 M10      
Trlr