Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member From CT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 2:55pm
Just a couple progress pics from the weekend.... We found a leak in the radiator so we pulled that out for repair or replace depending on the cost. A quick search on this site (thank you all again!!) and I found all the information I need on aluminum (3-row) vs copper (2-row) with shroud. My decision will most likely be based on budget Cry.... Please mind the mess under the hood... Plan on tidying things up as we progress.

We also found nice original paint on the inside of the grill..... What do you guys think, Potomac Gray:

shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 3:52pm
wow nice jeep, it looks like you have had the jeep disease for a while and now you got it bad , now with that little test drive its only going to get worse.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 3:07am
Your hood hinge is amazingly intact!  And it's not Bubba-brazed to the cowl!  I'm impressed!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 1:23pm
Thank you Guys Big smile... I'm definitely all-consumed and hopelessly addicted.... It all happened so quicklyLOL  
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2017 at 3:54pm
I had my helpers with me this weekend  Granpa has them in training, toughing them up!! So far new brake system, wheel bearings, aluminum radiator, shocks and electrical,fuel system.. I have big holes in the header pipe and no muffler, so next is a exhaust system... I think after that will start my first real attempt at body work.

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2017 at 4:37pm
lols... though I'm not sure that footwear is GI issue
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 1:58pm
Hello Everyone,

Been awhile since I posted any progress, slow and steady, I guess... Just been cleaning up under the hood, working on fuel/air/electrical systems:

Mhovey46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhovey46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 3:51pm
Gordon,
Very nice looking jeep! I'd say it's in very good shape for being in CT or at least the rust belt for most of its life. I love the patina you have going on there especially in that engine compartment! Keep up the good workClap If you're ever down on the shoreline (I'm in Westbrook) feel free to stop in and talk jeeps!   
-Matt

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 4:34pm
I see you took the hydraulic pump out... going back in, or plans to swap the oil filter back over?
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Mhovey46 Mhovey46 wrote:

Gordon,
Very nice looking jeep! I'd say it's in very good shape for being in CT or at least the rust belt for most of its life. I love the patina you have going on there especially in that engine compartment! Keep up the good workClap If you're ever down on the shoreline (I'm in Westbrook) feel free to stop in and talk jeeps!   

Thank you for the compliments! I would love to talk jeeps one day, maybe over a cold one Smile
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

I see you took the hydraulic pump out... going back in, or plans to swap the oil filter back over?

Good eye!! Yes, I removed the pump, I don't think I will be doing any plowing... I will definitely be switching the filter back, I HATE that cross bracket. I also need to find a air cleaner... I kind of want an original oil bath, not sure why, just do..
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 6:03pm
If you don't find a used air cleaner anywhere, Walcks sells this Oaks style repop. A bit spendy, but it's nice.  
My opinion only, but if it ain't an oil bath, it just ain't right. 
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

If you don't find a used air cleaner anywhere, Walcks sells this Oaks style repop. A bit spendy, but it's nice.  
My opinion only, but if it ain't an oil bath, it just ain't right. 

Thank you! I totally agree, it just ain't right Big smile
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 6:18pm
Check out that carb! looks great in there, scoutpilot does a great job!

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2018 at 2:36pm
Hello Everyone,

Just want to post some progress pics, keep the build thread going..... Thank you to mbullism for the air cleaner! Relocated the oil filter and got some new lines.... I hope to put some hours on her and work out any bugs, then I HAVE to do something about my floors (or what used to be floors!?#$) Tongue

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2018 at 6:25pm
No worries, G... told ya, jeep peeps been good to me, just payin it forward Wink

Things are starting to look downright proper under that hood Thumbs Up 
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2018 at 8:58pm
I think the oil filter looks 100% better back where it belongs, any HI-LO pump I've ever seen was mounted on the manifold side, but whatever worked. Keep us informed about the AL. radiator, I went the other route had my rad re-cored put a big dent in my wallet! Keep up the good work! Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2018 at 9:59pm
I have the same radiator and have used it for four years without a problem. Some of the best money I used on my jeep.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>