Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member From CT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2018 at 5:11am
I put an aluminum radiator in Ol' Unreliable but I didn't use the cap that came with it.  I think it's 16 lbs.  I was afraid that to use that high a pressure would result in the need to replace the head gasket and water pump gasket and maybe more, so I just went and bought a 4 lb. cap instead. 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2018 at 1:44pm
Thanks Guys!! Good call on the rad. cap, I like your thinking.... Appreciate the tip!
mkoloc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2018 at 6:35pm
Welcome Gordon,  great looking jeep,  and a good start on a restoration project.  I'm restoring a 47CJ and have a 42 Ford GPW that will be next. Please keep the pics and update posts of your progress coming.  We love to see others projects!

LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
43 M16A2 Half-Track w/44 M10      
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2018 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by mkoloc mkoloc wrote:

Welcome Gordon,  great looking jeep,  and a good start on a restoration project.  I'm restoring a 47CJ and have a 42 Ford GPW that will be next. Please keep the pics and update posts of your progress coming.  We love to see others projects!

Thank you Sir, appreciate it Big smile I like your projects too!! Looks like you have had the sickness for awhile... I hope to someday start another CJ from the frame up and have it look as clean and rust free as yours..
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2018 at 2:15pm

Hey Everyone,

Here's grandpa coming out of the woods this weekend Smile We are all super happy and excited!! It was a really great dayBig smile
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2018 at 3:06pm
There's what it's all about!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2018 at 5:02am
Yeah, your passengers seem to like the ride!  Thumbs Up
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2018 at 11:25am
Lol... that's the same noise that I make LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
mkoloc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2018 at 8:33am
Boy that's a sweet sounding engine! Great job.  Dad was having more fun than the grandkids!
LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
43 M16A2 Half-Track w/44 M10      
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2018 at 1:43pm
Thanks Guys Big smile Yes, we are all having so much fun! (When the sun is out and not raining/snowing)... I need to get Grandpa some seat cushions, those metal frames are killer Wink
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2018 at 2:17pm
Hello All,

I was talking with Tom in RI about this hydraulic pump installed on my PTO.... I don't know much about it? When I found the Jeep, it had a large 25 gallon metal drum in the back with these hoses connect to it (One of the hoses shown below). I assume that was some type of reservoir?  Thought I would snap a few pics.... VIEWER BEWARE!!!! It's crusty down there, you may need a tetanus Cry I added an old reflector I had laying around for fun, I love old accessories!!

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2018 at 5:07am
That's a neat reflector.  I wonder if it could be made into an LED taillight?
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2018 at 12:37pm
Havn't seen that pump setup before!   Those pumps are still available new in case you plan to use it.  It all makes you wonder what that jeep was used for in its previous life. 
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 1:58pm
Changed the front diff fluid.... What a stinky messy job, so thick, but no signs of metal or moisture. I'm happy everything looks ok in there. On to the rear.

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 1:51pm
Got my Generator rewound to 12 volts and found out the Voltage regulator I bought was bad out of the box (Cheap crap cost me 80$)!! She runs so good now, got the blinkers working and the horn. Welded up a vise bracket and continue to add small personal touches...

Vacuum Gauge

Overflow

Edited by ggordon49 - 03 July 2018 at 2:01pm
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 1:46am
The vise is cool, but what do you plan to do with it?
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 2:30am
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

The vise is cool, but what do you plan to do with it?

Good question LOL LOL.... I have big plans (dreams) for our property; tree house, gardens, jeep trails, tool shed, ninja warrior corse for kids, pond, fences, etc.... I'm sure it will come in handy on at least one of these projects... 
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 2:35am
Always good to be prepared!
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>