Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member From CT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2019 at 1:13am
I think I've felt the fan while the engine was running on all 3 of the Jeeps I've owned.  Embarrassed
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2019 at 1:37pm
Yes, especially with out a shroud, really no protection at all.... I'm always telling the kids and friends "Watch that fan"!! 
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2019 at 2:20pm
I dunno... I've always been a proponent of "stupid should hurt" LOL

(full disclosure, I painted my fan exactly like that but it ended up on the parts pile because the yellow bled under my rushed masking job and I just slapped a different fan on in its place to keep moving forward at the time.  Still have all my fingers, too Wink )
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2019 at 4:30am
Oh, I still have all my fingers.  They're just slow learners...
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct. 2019 at 5:26pm
Today was a nice day with my little guy for Cub Scouts bake sale at our local grocery store Big smile

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2019 at 2:10pm
Hello All,

Just some quick progress, nothing you guys haven't seen before WinkWink For as long as I have had my Jeep, the distributor has been STUCK and would not budge... I was never really happy with the timing and high end power, so this week I went for it... I used an oil filter wrench and a pocket tourch and finally in moved... Once it moved, the battle was won! I also used a hose clamp and hammer to carefully tap it back and forth. I will be replacing the distributor bushings and spring thanks to the encouragement of Mbullisum who basically said "you can do it". Smile I also have been preparing and researching my tranny rebuild.... Thanks to another Jeep buddy Pope, he hooked me up with a spare T90 and transfercase... I will be removing my existing Tranny this winter and taking the best parts of the two to make one. I plan on purchasing the small parts kit from Novak. Thanks again guys!

Pope891 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pope891 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2019 at 2:23pm
Looking good!  It must have been a thrill when you got that distributor to budge.  You only need 1mm, then you are home free!
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2019 at 2:52pm
I just figure if this moron can do it then smart talented folks should be able to as well, lol...
(just following in other peoples footsteps) all the info ya need is here on the page, the mechanics manual(s) and just generally around the internet.  Any questions, holler.  Outside of new bushings and advance springs (readily available) if you need parts LMK.  Key points are drilling the upper bushing for the oiler (and cleaning the burr), and putting the lobed upper part of the shaft back on in the correct orientation instead of 180* out...AMHIK LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2019 at 6:11pm
Yep, that distributor rebuild was so easy I only had to do it once. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2019 at 3:26am
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

Key points are... putting the lobed upper part of the shaft back on in the correct orientation instead of 180* out...

I learned the same way... Embarrassed

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

I learned the same way... Embarrassed

Fairly sure t'was you that helped me see the error of my ways LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2019 at 12:23am
Oh, yeah.  Well, I'm happy to help.  Big smile
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2019 at 3:22pm
Just wanted to update the project page to include our Veterans Day Flags in honor of our Family members who served Smile

LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2019 at 3:48pm
I love the vise on the front bumper of this 2A!
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2019 at 7:41pm
Happy Thanksgiving Friends! I picked up a new engine stand at Harbor Freight for less than 50 bucks! I was happy to get my winter project to a start! More to come when I get back to my computer next week... I was happy to get the block mounted by myself with out hurting myself LOL

nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2019 at 7:49pm
I just want to know what's doing under those blankets in the background! I see a gen case HD kicker with some upswepts. I'm feeling faint......
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

I just want to know what's doing under those blankets in the background! I see a gen case HD kicker with some upswepts. I'm feeling faint......

My first love, built her prior to wife, kids, house and all major responsibilities. Now she just sits waiting.... 

nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2019 at 8:51pm
Wow. she's gorgeous! I miss my Shovels. Pan cases?
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>