Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"new member"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyinTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "new member"
    Posted: 04 Oct. 2022 at 7:19pm
Well phooey. IDK what the heck happened but I logged out and couldn't get back in. Every time I used the login function I got the old "wrong username or password" message. I know it was right because my laptop had it saved. Unfortunately, my mistake, the email on file with the site wasn't updated from the defunct one I had when I first joined so I wasn't able to just reset the password.

Long story short, I reregistered under a new user name which I'll use unless/until I can figure out how to resurrect my old one. In the meantime, I think I'll make my tagline "the user formerly known as oldscot".
Jeff J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2022 at 8:47pm
I did that with Facebook except I updated the email and logged out. Facebook sent the confirmation to the old email and locked me out forever. Unlike this site, I never saw much value in Facebook.

Edited by Jeff J - 04 Oct. 2022 at 8:48pm
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2022 at 8:11am
Same here Andy. An email change invalidated my orig user name rickg, so I reregistered. see my tagline.
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
 Post Reply Post Reply