Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New owner in Oregon--engine # question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 11:05am
The dual spare tire addition gives it a certain personality trait....different from 'the crowd'. Thumbs Up

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Dahdo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dahdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Mark W. Mark W. wrote:

Take the title to DMV have it transfered into your name (no worry about registration yet) then have Robert at dataplates4u.com make you up a set of plates that match the title and be happy then go down and register it.

In Oregon unless you title is from out of state the DMV never has to see the vehicle. I did my Willys 2A that way when I got it from Dad there were no tags and the engine had been changed. I had it put in my name in 2002  some where alone the way I had Robert make tags that matched the title and put them on. And then in 2020 when it was almost ready to return to the road I went down and got plates and registered it. Jeep have never been within 3 miles of a DMV.

I live in Silverton Oregon and used Stayton DMV

Hi Mark--it has all the original plates and numbers, except for the engine which was changed after it was last titled in 1956 in new Mexico. I have the 1956 title in hand. This will have to have a VIN inspection because it's an out of state title. 

Sounds like there are quite a few 2A owners from Oregon on this board!

Dave
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 12:19pm
I'm in Astoria and drove it from Ohio so DMV had to see my 2A. (Had to take my '74 Cherokee in too bought that out of Washington) 
Have no other information that has not been said already. LOL
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

I'm in Astoria and drove it from Ohio 

I still can't imagine driving it that far with the stock gearing.
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12