Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New springs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New springs
    Posted: 13 Aug. 2022 at 1:35pm
I would like to replace the rusty crusty original leaf springs on my ‘48 2A. I want good quality US made springs, I am not looking for any lift, I would like to soften up the ride if I can (I already replaced the shocks). Awhile back somebody made a good recommendation but I can’t find that thread.
Fred46 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2022 at 10:45am
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2023 at 5:32pm
Has anyone got a picture of these springs from the KC company? 
Dave
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2023 at 11:37pm
Anyone have pictures of the ride height using these springs? I'm looking for 8/9 leaf springs. Thanks.
Dave
Beach Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2023 at 8:06pm
The answer to your first question is that yes, I did buy them. I can’t however provide pictures of the ride height because I made other alterations at the same time. I believe that at least in my case the arch of the new springs was not any more than the stock ones that came off. I changed the springs because mine were pretty much rusted solid. I believe that the KC springs will give you a stock ride height and you can pretty easily find the spec’s to tell you what stock height is.
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2023 at 9:21pm
Okay. I appreciate it. 
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply