Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Springs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Springs
    Posted: 13 Aug. 2022 at 1:42pm
I would like to replace the original rusty crusty springs on my ‘48 2A. I want good quality US made springs, I am not looking for any lift, I wouldn’t mind a softer ride (I have already replaced the shocks). Some time back I saw a. Good recommendation on here but now that I have saved up the coin, I can’t find it.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2022 at 2:54pm
Walcks would be my recommendation. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2022 at 5:56pm
On a set of four you could probably save about $140.00 using General Springs out of Kansas. While they are priced lower, they don't specify where they are made, but guarantee OEM quality. Walck's says his springs are USA made. That carries a lot of weight with me, but you have to let your wallet be your guide.
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2022 at 6:01pm
Tell us more about these General Springs of Kansas.  I hate the Walcks USA made springs. They have zero give and they sit about 2 inches too high.

Edited by Hamhog - 13 Aug. 2022 at 6:02pm
Dave
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2022 at 6:58pm
Generalspringkc.com

My nephew, who has a `70 cj5, told me about them. He says the cj5 forums like them.

For our CJ2As, they show eight and ten leaf options for front. Nine and ten leaf options for the rear.
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2022 at 7:35pm
Thanks. I'll have a look.

Hard to tell what they look like since they only have drawings in their list. Does anyone have pictures of their actual springs?

Edited by Hamhog - 14 Aug. 2022 at 12:42pm
Dave
Beach Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2022 at 1:30pm
In the fine print it says “US Made” so that answers that question.

Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2022 at 4:27pm
Has anyone bought a set yet for their 2A?
Dave
Beach Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2022 at 6:43pm
I bought a set the particular springs I bought from them were made by Dorman I think. They told me that that would be the case when I ordered them so no disappointment there (Dorman is a US company using US Steel, I checked) The springs look first rate to me but unfortunately it is not yet time to install them but I can’t provide feedback for that. I would say that they were really great to deal with, I highly recommend them.
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2022 at 7:46pm
Any chance you can post a picture? 
Dave
Beach Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2022 at 11:01pm
Unfortunately I am technology challenged and incapable of doing something so simple. If you pm me with phone or email I will see what I can do. Honestly though one spring pretty much looks like another as far as I can see.
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2022 at 8:17am
Pm sent
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply