Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New tires

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2020 at 12:55pm
I am about to get new tires for the 47. The tires on it are rotten, but I like the look of them. They are Power King Super Traction II, same size as yours. 

I haven't decided whether to go with the same style or NDTs, which I like the look of too.

Somewhere in my pile of parts I have a set of those Sears Locking hubs which I haven't seen in decades. If I find them they are going on this Jeep.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Johnnygeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnygeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2020 at 5:14pm
Looks great!  Glad to hear about size fit as I have some 7.50 NDT's I was thinking of mounting.

The baby powder trick works great.  Just don't leave too much in the tire as it can clump and create a wear spot on the tube.  I pour a bunch in the tire, roll it around and then blow out the excess with compressed air.  That leaves a layer of powder without clumps....and my garage smells baby powder fresh!

DMusil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2020 at 5:21pm
Be carefull you might get ovarian cancer.Wink
DMusil
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 9:13pm
corn starch works too.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2020 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

I’m glad you guys like them because Facebook hates them! Haha!
I wouldn't give a crap about what facebook thinks, If I were you. Unless they bought the tires for ya, then maybe, but probably not. 
                                  Just my $.02

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123