Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to me trailer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takesiteasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to me trailer
    Posted: 05 July 2018 at 11:00am
New member- first post. Lots of great information here.

Acquired this trailer on an impulse a couple of weeks ago. It is a Bantam T3-C. The nameplate is attached but barely legible. Near as I can tell it is # 4017. Still sorting out my plans for it. Probably just gonna clean it up and paint it.

It's pretty solid- but needs sandblasting to clear surface rust off the underside so I can see how bad the rust is. Needs new tires so that is the first thing I am working on. Also repacked the bearings which looked pretty good. The tailgate chains are gone and the gate was bolted shut. The safety chains have been modified. Has the original Fulton hitch coupler but the locking tab is gone. I am going to try to make a replacement. If anyone has some good closeup pics of one I would appreciate seeing them. I've seen the ones on the the Bantam webpage.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Here's a couple of pics:

nofender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 5:10pm
Man! I'd love to find one in that condition around here! Looks like a gem. Congrats. 
46 CJ2 rockcrawler, 46 CJ2A semi-stocker resto-mod
takesiteasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takesiteasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

Man! I'd love to find one in that condition around here! Looks like a gem. Congrats. 

Thanks. It will still be a project, but that's what I wanted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic