Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Trail build?? Navy Jeep?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 9:06pm
Ron,

If the driveshaft doesn't workout for Seth I'd like a shot at it.

Thanks,
Bob
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 10:21pm
After I sent the post,  I remembered that there was a possibility of using it backwards.  ie the sliding yoke assembly on the xfer case end.    

Tomorrow, I will attempt an install of Woods shaft, reversed,  and see how that works.   If not an option, then it is available to Seth or Bob.

Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 9:15am
I had to fix this random hole in my transfer case. I used this nifty aluminum bronze alloy rod. It worked really well. Check out the video here. 

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 9:26am
Wow - aluminum bronze!  That worked really well.  
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Ruffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 12:20pm
With the progress you’re making, you’ll have it ready for a shake down in October for the Ohio Flatfender Fall colors Tour 😉
Current Jeep Fleet
A few 2a’s
A couple of 3B’s
Couple of FC’s
And a DJ3A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 12:44pm
I hope it doesn’t take me that long. Lol… I should be Driving this thing around the yard in a week or two. 
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 1:00pm
  Very interesting. Im glad it worked for you. I probably would have tapped the hole and put a machine screw in it. Wink
One of the PTO body hole cover screws may have worn that hole. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 2:52pm
My guess is someone was drilling for the pto trim ring or something and drilled a little(a lot) too far!) haha! Job weld would have worked to but I wanted to test that new filler rod for a bigger project so it was good practice. And now I know it won’t leak or vibrate loose over time. 
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 8:16pm
I have thought about trying bronze TIG. I have seen it on steel but not cast. Curious as to what rod number you used. I might want to have some on hand. 

Thanks,
Micah
1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 8:25pm
Sure it’s ERCuAl-A2 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:58am
The transmission is in the frame and the transmission mount is done. I use a stock t90 rubber mount to keep things cheap and simple. I finished the brake lines today as well! 

I also  cleaned and installed new u- joints in both driveshafts today. 

Such a cute "micro shaft" 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 7:18am

A good friend of mine stopped by and help me with the tub. 

I will now proceed to hack up this brand new tub to accommodate the chonky 4 speed and pto. 
It apears the gpw tub floor isnt as pto friendly as a civilian tub. I had to "relocate" part of the crossmember to get the tub to sit down. Its still not on where it should be, so the grinder and plasma cutter will be getting some action today!

Edited by Millennium falcon - 13 May 2022 at 7:20am
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 5:00pm
Seth, if everyone on the 2A Page worked as efficiently and intelligently as you, everybody's Jeep would be in service and there'd be no need for a "Your Projects" section....
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

. . . 

I also  cleaned and installed new u- joints in both driveshafts today. 

I retracted my offer for a new Woods driveshaft. :-(     . . .  Turns out -> it fit Wilson.  :-)  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:37am
Originally posted by LuzonRed47 LuzonRed47 wrote:

Seth, if everyone on the 2A Page worked as efficiently and intelligently as you, everybody's Jeep would be in service and there'd be no need for a "Your Projects" section....

Thank you! I have trouble stopping once I start a project. I also don’t require much sleep! 😆 

Edited by Millennium falcon - 15 May 2022 at 8:38am
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 10:15am
thats obvious and admirable. and thanks for taking the time to post. your posts are helpful to those that want to learn something. 
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 3:10pm
What tires are you considering for this rig? 
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by bight bight wrote:

thats obvious and admirable. and thanks for taking the time to post. your posts are helpful to those that want to learn something. 

Im happy to post if it can help or motivate someone... Plus its good for me when I forget what I actually did. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>