Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newgren Pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unibuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newgren Pump
    Posted: 15 June 2021 at 7:48am
I picked up a cherry VEC yesterday with a newgren lift. Unfortunately it is missing the crank driven pump. I'd love to find an original if anyone has one they are willing to part with. TIA!

Edited by Unibuddy - 15 June 2021 at 11:03pm
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2021 at 11:20am
Let’s see that cherry! Wink
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Unibuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unibuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2021 at 11:03pm
Updated ☝🏽
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 6:49am
The pump is still available.  I am not sure when Newgren changed from a steel strap type bracket to the cast style that was used by both Monroe and Stratton. But you wouldn't be too far off original looking for one of those brackets.  Or you could use a HY-LO Jack pump to get you started.  Maybe not what you want on a VEC but would get you working while you search.

Barry
https://www.farmjeep.com/
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 7:22am
I have made a few parts for the Newgren and Monroe lifts. Urethane Rubber couplings, I’ve also had the steel portion that the Mount to the pump reproduced. Also the steel coupling that threads on the crankshaft.  Newgren and Monroe Cast aluminum  engine bracket. I’ll probably need to find another Moulder someday . The guy that makes my casting just turned 82. Let me know if I can help. 
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 8:30am
WOW! ShockedShocked That is beautiful! Congratulations, what a find!! What is the badge on the chaff screen? I wonder if solid rims were stock for your JEEP? I love the paint, man that is awesome!  
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Unibuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unibuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 10:48am
Thanks for all the info, Barry. I learned a lot from your website and sent you a rather lengthy email yesterday. Ted Jordan just walked me through a bunch of info on the pumps. He recommended the Hy-lo if I'm using the lift regularly, but I do want the correct pump and bracket long term. I used to have a pump and cast bracket from a Monroe but sold them to a local fella for his 2a. Wish I'd kept them now that I know they are the same. When did the cast bracket supersede the original style?  
Unibuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unibuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 10:53am
The jeep was originally purchased by the Gilmore Plant and Bulb Farm in Liberty, NC for use on its sprawling property. This place has been continually operating and owned by the same family since 1912. They do trees, shrubs and plants for places like Disney World, the Bronx Zoo and The White House. They were called North State Nursery and located in Julian N.C. until 1938 and the plaque was place on the chaff screen as an homage and used in local parades. 
Unibuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unibuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 10:54am
Sandusky, I'm super interested in the steel pump mount. I will send you a PM with my phone number so we can chat. 
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2021 at 10:08am
That is a stunning find!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2021 at 10:13am
Too clarify I’ve made the Aluminum cast pump mount. There is a guy that makes the steel strap Newgren. I don’t recall his name🙄 maybe check on the Farm Jeep site. Sorry about any misinformation I made have created.
Siskiwit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siskiwit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2021 at 3:48pm
Isn’t the pump the same one used on a Farmall super c.
'48 2a - '46 2a - '54 3b - '70 cj5 and a bunch of accessories.
Unibuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unibuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2021 at 4:45pm
That's what I've been told and they are available new. Just need to get the mount and crankshaft pulley connections
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 6:41am
Originally posted by sandusky sandusky wrote:

Too clarify I’ve made the Aluminum cast pump mount. There is a guy that makes the steel strap Newgren. I don’t recall his name🙄 maybe check on the Farm Jeep site. Sorry about any misinformation I made have created.
I've had a problems with the seals failing in multiple pumps.  I've come to the conclusion that the original steel strap mount may be putting pressure on one side of the shaft, so I've changed to the Monroe mount for now.  I need the Newgren model if you still have any.

I'm wondering if issues with the steel strap mount is what made them switch to the cast mount.
Barry
Unibuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unibuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 7:32am
Thanks for the real world info, Barry. Did you have any luck figuring out the origins of that box blade I emailed you photos of? I will post them here in case anyone else knows any history. 
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 12:49pm
I've not found anyone on the tractor forums who can identify this model and there don't appear to be box blades listed in the equipment books I have.    So I don't believe it was a "made for the Jeep" implement, but most likely a 3pt "farm" implement.
Barry
OnlyOneDR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnlyOneDR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 6:16pm
Regardless of the origin the seller wants too much for it. I saw that on craigslist many times.   He will never get $800 for it. 

/ thread hijack
Searching for time to put it all together...
1950 CJ-3A #37751 In Pieces
1969 Chevy Blazer Resto-Mod Waiting for its day...
2001 Nissan Frontier Crawler Adventure Rig
Unibuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unibuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 8:31pm
He told me $300 on the phone 🤷🏻‍♂️ I didn't even notice a price on the ad. $800?!? Seems crazy to expect that much
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>