Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next project
    Posted: 14 Nov. 2017 at 9:33pm
1926 model t woody wagon, I put the body on this 4 years ago, now I'm going to finish it. A chance to build up some funds for my jeep. 
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2017 at 11:07pm
Well this is neat! Tell us more about it!
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2017 at 11:53pm
Now that is cool! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2017 at 12:43am
Bet that gets a lot of conversations started........
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2017 at 2:40am
This belongs to the brother of the gentleman I'm doing the 2a for now. They are cranberry growers and I worked for them for about 3 years doing everything. It's a new reproduction body that was never on a frame, it was in the shop so I started playing with it. There are no directions for this so I had to figure it out as I went along. Making body mounts, cutting holes for controls and the engine and the fenders and running boards mount hard to the frame so the body has to be in the right place. Luckily they have a lift so I could take the body off easily (alot). I haven't worked for them for 4 or 5 years and no one has touched it since. Unfortunately he passed away 2 years ago so he never got to see it, now his wife wants me to finish it, she also has his 46 2a column shift. I'll try and dig up some pics of some of the other stuff I did for them, never a dull moment there.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2017 at 4:25am
Some where in the distant future I would like to use up some of the car parts I have around here (220HP 283 with 18K on the clock) a Turbo 350 just rebuilt and a Chevelle 10 Bolt rear axle. I have been thinking about a wood body hot rod something along the order of these Amish Buggy Rods.

Abet with a much less fancy engine Just something to play with for a while before I would sell it. I have always wanted to do a wood body hot rod. Something like that Hack would be amazing.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2017 at 2:36pm
Mark, if you built that you'd have to call it the "Rumspringa!"
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2017 at 2:14am
Lovin that Model T. 
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2017 at 3:47am
We just cleaned up some old machinery in the grove. One was a wagon running gear made out of a T.   Wood spokes had rotted but all metal was there. Are the frames, axles and rims worth anything?
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2017 at 6:43pm
Those parts are worth something to the right person, I'm really not up on that stuff, I don't even know how to drive it yet. I had to rebuild the pto on this "Burma jeep"

Repowered this Ford pickup and put in a modern distributor and ignition.

Repaired a lot of stuff like this done by someone less than qualified, they loved zip ties.
Another shot of the T with some parts mocked up.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2017 at 8:39pm
That Burma Jeep is very cool!!!! Good thing I don't have unlimited funds, I would own way to many vehicles!    

That is quite the zip tie set up there!
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov. 2017 at 9:51pm
That repair was done by some of the "seasonal help" on a side arm mower, they were good guys and ment well. I had to rebuild all the controls. The "Burma jeep" was used as a bomb carrier in WW2, the pto has 2 speeds and forward and reverse and is the size of a small transmission. It has a Ford straight 6, I'd love to put a parking brake lever like that in my 2a.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov. 2017 at 3:31am
Originally posted by leecarr leecarr wrote:

Repaired a lot of stuff like this done by someone less than qualified, they loved zip ties.

Zip ties have their place.  This ain't it.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2018 at 9:11pm
Back on the model t, got it running yesterday for the first time in probably 10 years,  runs great. The motor was completely rebuilt and has maybe 10 minutes on it. Stripping it back down now to get ready to pull the body back off, then pull the motor and clean and paint everything. Still lots to do but should be ready for the 4th of July parade. 
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2018 at 9:21pm
"Depot Hack" is what Ford called that wooden-bodied T. They were popular with country hotels who used them to pick up guests when they arrived at the local railroad depot, hence the name.

Lee, your shop is the 2A Page voyeur's delight! The Ford Burma Jeep is super cool, as is the Bugeye Sprite Healey.

Thanks for sharing. A neighbor of mine is restoring a touring-bodied Ford T and we regularly revel in the joy of working on vehicles as straightforward and simple as Model Ts and Willys jeeps.
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2018 at 10:35pm
My shop is full of jeeps right now, this is they're shop. They are cranberry growers and you're likely to find anything in there in the off season. They actually use the Burma jeep around the farm. The Sprite is having some ignition problems, I hate positive ground cars. The owner of the t has a 46 cj2a that I've worked on before and probably will again when I finish the t.

Edited by leecarr - 23 Jan. 2018 at 10:41pm
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2018 at 10:55pm
That depot hack is a cool project! My 2 car garage is pretty crowded with tools, equipment, my 2A and a '24 touring car. 

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2018 at 10:56pm
Are you upgrading the Depot Hack with Rocky Mountain brakes and a water pump?
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>