Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Trading Post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No longer need to trade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No longer need to trade
    Posted: 01 Oct. 2020 at 6:35pm
The 47 CJ2A I have has disc brakes on front which have Ford style calipers. These require a spacer for the stock 16" wheels I have to clear the calipers, don't know about the fit with aftermarket wheels.

The spacers I have on it now are 1 1/2" but are much thicker than needed, probably could use 1" or even 3/4" if you could find them.

The brakes work fine, I just prefer the drum brakes so have just decided to go with an old school upgrade and install 11" drum brakes.

The 11" backing plates are getting hard to find. I have a set but they are not in great shape, so I would be happy to trade these brackets and calipers for a pair of good 11" backing plates. Preferably those for a 72-77 CJ with the self adjusters as I have all the hardware for those, but would also trade for the older 11" backing plates used on other Willys or Jeep vehicles, as long as they will fit a Dana 25/27/30. I don't have to have the self adjusters, I know how to adjust brakes.

As said the disc brakes work fine, and all is in good shape other than the dust shields which are usable but bent and rusted. The rotors are in good shape too, but would probably cost more to ship than they are worth. 

Note: With this setup the rotors mount inboard of the hubs, so your wheel studs will have to be pressed out and replaced.

PM me if interested.

Edited by Oldpappy - 05 Feb. 2021 at 2:53pm
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
 Post Reply Post Reply