Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Trail Ride Today :-(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Trail Ride Today :-(
    Posted: 06 Sep. 2021 at 8:47am
I have always wanted to do a trail ride with local "military vehicle" event.   In past years I was never able to make it because it is always held on Labor Day weekend.

This year the weather was predicted to be perfect all weekend.    Saturday I mounted the spare/gascan rack, in anticipation to the next day's fun.    Sunday morning though,  woke up to dark skies.

Photo of Wilson,  pouting that it is not heading to mountains,  because its owner really does not like driving/offroading in the rain.

Tears on the windshield. LOL

From what I understand,  one of the rides has some fairly serious obstacles  . . .  I am looking forward to trying it one day.

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2021 at 3:37pm
Nothing really that exciting in this thread,  unless anyone is interested in new photos of same old subjects.   haha

I needed to do some trail cleaning on son's property,  weeds are growing like crazy after the rain,   plus a fairly big tree fell across one section.

This photo shows Wilson at choke point in trail.    You can see where I mowed/weedeated in the background.   

Here you can see the ends of the tree that had to be cut away,   and some more mowing in background.   The weeds were literally as tall as the ones on sides.   I brush mowed a few passes,  then tapered the sides with weedeater.

I was looking for a little offroading adventure since I missed the trailride the day before,  so took this shortcut to other side of property.    Normally would cross this creek a little further upstream at a flatter crossing.

Not really that difficult,  but would be possible to get hung up if not careful.   Of course the pictures do not do justice to difficulty.

It was a nice day to do a little working and playing in the Jeep.  :-)

Edit:   not obvious in photos,  but Wilson's participation in this "work" was to carry the chainsaws, weedeater, and other tools to the remote locations.  A week before, he delivered the walk-behind brush mower to this area,  towing it in a Bantam trailer.

Edited by JeepFever - 07 Sep. 2021 at 11:52pm
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2021 at 4:11pm
Looks like a great time!
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
Barry S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2021 at 5:12pm
I always enjoy seeing photos of what you're up to!  Sorry you missed the trail ride.  I'm coming down the home stretch on the Jpet lower gear project and am planning to go a couple of Flatfender events soon.  Any chance you might go the the Ohio Fall Colors Ride Oct. 16?

-Barry

1947 CJ2A 93664 "Grasshopper"
1947 CJ2A 90729
194? CJ2A 04893/194304
1946 CJ2A 46745
1946 CJ2A 36723
1945 MB   413665
1971 CJ5 8305017 375392 Drive train parts donor
Bantam Trailer T3-C 25487
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2021 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Barry S Barry S wrote:

I always enjoy seeing photos of what you're up to!  Sorry you missed the trail ride.  I'm coming down the home stretch on the Jpet lower gear project and am planning to go a couple of Flatfender events soon.  Any chance you might go the the Ohio Fall Colors Ride Oct. 16?

The day before, weather forecast was good,  I was so excited that I could finally do the Graves Mountain ride,  only to be disappointed again (crazy how fast the weather forecast changed from wonderful to rain) . . .   for past 5 years something has prevented my participation  . . .  this year, I could have done it in the light rain,  but I REALLY do not like wet conditions.  LOL

I have been watching your progress on lower gears.   I am so amazed at JPets's abilities to make those,  and also of you and other "first users" to install them.  

The "Ohio Fall Tour" is long distance,  but I will see if that fits schedule.  
 Post Reply Post Reply