Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North Texas Flat Fender Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futureuncertain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2011 at 1:45am
Hello

I purchased my m38 this past summer and was interested in getting together with other old willys owners.
I am in Cypress which is just NW of Houston. My jeep is street legal and I cruise around the neighborhood often
OverlandMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2011 at 2:10am
Congrats - got any pics of the M38?
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
futureuncertain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futureuncertain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2011 at 9:10pm
I tried to put up a picture the other day, but my pictures are too big apparently. I will be taking some more soon, but my wife has to help me with the camera set up since it's her toy. ha.

I have been emailing with a couple guys here in Cypress and close by. There might be enough interest to have a Cypress club. I'll update in another spot if that happens.
awardmont View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awardmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2011 at 6:33am
Futureuncertain,
I have a 46 cj2a camoed out, street legal, with antique plates, I live by gessner and clay, i drive at least once a week to keep gas fresh, i haven't figured out how to post pictures here either , but i do have some on photobucket, http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af318/ramcharger1/
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2011 at 2:30pm
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futureuncertain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2011 at 1:50am
I guess clay is not too far away since both of our vehicles are street legal. I have been talking to another guy up this way with a jeepster. Possibly another guy close with a willys jeep. Would you be interested in getting together some time?

Maybe I can get my pictures up tomorrow

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 4:10am
thought I'd give this old thread a bump. Anyone still following this?
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futureuncertain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 2:54am
I have not had much luck getting anything regular going with any local willys owners, but have met up with a couple. I check this thread every now and then.
Red48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2011 at 5:38am
I know there is at least one 47 and one 48 here in Fort Worth area.
48 CJ2A 175088

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 4:58am
Where in FTW? I'm out East of Dallas.
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 3:52pm
Looks like there is a lot of intrest in a get together from what I have been reading. I was over on the 3A page as well looking for a N TX gathering. Hey OverlandMan, somewhere I read that you were conversing with a guy in west TX? I am in Bedford. I think that all there is lacking (if I am correct in this assumtion) is that somenone needs to take the bull by the horns and set a time and date for a gathering. Since we know it will not get much cooler for the next 4 months I would be happy to help and look for a shade tree big enough to park a number of flat fenders / wagons / trucks. A lake setting is always nice. I'd love to do a 4th of July parade somewhere with flat fenders / wagons / trucks. I have a 53 wagon (restoration complete) and am working on 49 CJ3A restoration.

I also like the thought of an international IFFC thing. My plan is to do the fall color tour in 2012 if all goes well. Its a long time between now and then but thats what a plan is for.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 6:26pm
Hey tumbleweed - I was discussing a get together with F Bill. He's got a few acres out in Coleman, which is west of DFW, kinda in the middle of the state out south of Abilene. He had offered up his place as a central gathering spot. We could also have a part swap.

At any rate, I think if we get enough interest, we could get something done. I'm interested. You appear to be as well. Pretty sure F-Bill is. That makes at least 3. If we could get a few more, I think it would be a lot of fun.
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 8:41pm
Heck yea, just have to take a few hours extra for travel in the wagon since she likes it at about 50. I would probably take 377/67 to the Brownwood area and then hit 84 to Coleman. Kind of depends where F Bill is exactly located.  It would be fun to do a picnic and include any spare parts for sale. In my case I dont have much in the way of spares.  Good to exchange parts suppliers and experience. Hope F Bill has some shade trees. A pond, old barn, large oak tree, makes a nice backdrop for pictures too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 4:03pm
I've got a couple of boxes of jeep junk. Some original, some not. Would be worth dragging along though I imagine.

To get to Coleman the quickest from Dallas/Rockwall Counties, I just jump on I-30 all the way to where it merges with I-20, then take that out to Cisco and head on FM 206 South through Cross Plains into Coleman. But the way you mentioned is the more scenic route. Kinda like old highway 67 through Stephenville and Brownwood.

I'm not sure where in Coleman County he resides.
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
Red48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 2:36am
I have a '48 in southwest Fort Worth. (The frame off is almost complete!!!)
48 CJ2A 175088
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 2:44am
I am located right in Coleman...
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 3:14am
What part of SW Fort Worth?
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
mdmeltdown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdmeltdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 3:51am
Hey, if you guys get together, there are a few guys right over the Louisiana border in the Shreveport area that would probably tag along.  The only clubs close to us are the MVPA affiliates and they only do OD green.

If you guys are feeling accepting of the round noses, I've got a '70 cj5...the last Old jeep...lol

'70 v6 CJ5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>