Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Northern Colorado Mountain Run 2018 - Event Date: 17 July 2018 - 22 July 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2018 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Grumpy1 Grumpy1 wrote:

I'm going to try and make it this year. If everything goes to plan. If I can bring enough oil to keep the yellow pile running.

Just pretend you installed a 3-71, and go Jeeping

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
gmcjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmcjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2018 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

I'm going to try and make it this year. If everything goes to plan. If I can bring enough oil to keep the yellow pile running.

Lee

On that note....I got an ider! Just paint whole thing Driptroit diesel green! Be less blinding than Dora yellow! LOLLOLLOL Unless he's saving that for his Samuri....Shocked 

Edited by gmcjr - 17 Apr. 2018 at 3:38am
Gary

51 CJ-3A
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by gmcjr gmcjr wrote:

Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

Lee

On that note....I got an ider! Just paint whole thing Driptroit diesel green! Be less blinding than Dora yellow! LOLLOLLOL Unless he's saving that for his Samuri....Shocked 

Yup, and if he shows up with a samari, he'll be samari'ing by himself, nobody to argue with

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Grumpy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2018 at 2:25pm
WELL, EXCUSE ME✋✋✋✋✋
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2018 at 2:42pm
Rut Row!! The HAND X5!
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2018 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

Rut Row!! The HAND X5!

LOL, it appears this 6 months of winter has made him "Extra Cranky"

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2018 at 11:16pm
This remote camping thing is the "New Thing Now". Bruce, you better plan a bigger camp site, Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2018 at 4:06am
Big smile or make it more remote. Wink  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2018 at 11:37am
So, you have to have a winch to get to camp now???????? Big smile
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2018 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

Big smile or make it more remote. Wink  BW

You mean like we got to load everything into a trailer behind a jeep to go to our camp site???  I think we tried that one year.  Skeeters got the best of us everywhere we looked.  It was a great adventure that looked like something out of the dust bowl days.  

So don't make it toooooo remote, I'd still like to live out of my big trailer.  I'm getting old and soft, but not so grumpy as Grumpy. 

Ya don't think we can take an increase in camp population where we were last year?? 

Edited by m38mike - 18 Apr. 2018 at 1:44pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Grumpy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2018 at 1:59pm
Bruce who's that driving your Jeep? He looks kinda familiar, almost like a younger you.
Grumpy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2018 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

This remote camping thing is the "New Thing Now". Bruce, you better plan a bigger camp site, Oilly
This remote CAMPING THING would much better if it was a little closer to some simple conveniences such as Walmart & LaQuinta, someplace with a restaurant and maybe a heated pool with a wet bar, room service hot showers, but that's just my unsolicited opinion. CryWink
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2018 at 4:33pm
I think remote is great.  If I could, I would did a moat around the Rockies and only let flat fenders in!
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2018 at 6:57pm
Hey Grump,

I'm with you, I'm too old to carry a shovel and take a walk to the woods about twice a day!

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2018 at 8:33pm
Thanks Mike! I didn't know whether any pictures of that trip existed. Yep, that was an adventure all right.
  I was looking at a new campsite to be closer to some new trails I wanted to try. Now I find that, for whatever reason, those trails may not be available or doable for us. So I think we'll go back to the same campsite as last year and run the same old trails. One of the new ones, if open at that time, will only be a short drive away. Anyone who thinks this site is too remote, or is bored with my trails, well, so be it. As I've always said, "I'm going. Anyone who wants to join me, come along. If nobody shows up, I'm gonna have a good time anyway."
  I am looking forward to jeeping with my old friends and new ones too. I hope to see you all there. We Have Miles To Jeep Before We Sleep!   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2018 at 8:51pm
I agree with you 100 percent Bruce.  Never had a bad time on a BW trail ride.
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2018 at 2:03pm
How about a day running up into Wyoming?  We're close, and there's a beer store Wink just north of the border  for some trail refreshments. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2018 at 4:50pm
We'd get picked up DUIJ!!!!!!  (Driving under the influence of Jeeps)  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>