Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Northern Colorado Mountain Run 2018 - Event Date: 17 July 2018 - 22 July 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 2:41am
Yhe first time we went up that hill I took a GoPro video of it. It looked like I was driving on a flat field so I didn’t even share it. It really is a fun climb.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 8:48am
I think to get a good idea of just how steep Katydid Hill is someone needs to be off to one side making a video of someone else driving a Jeep up the trail.  That way the viewer could see the challenge that the trail offers, the steepness, and see the clouds of dust kicked up by spinning tires as the Jeep scrambles up the slope.  You just know that it's got to be challenging if Stan thinks it's a fun climb! 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 1:29pm

One of my favorite views. It took until Saturday afternoon to get this close to the front. I'm always entertained by the games the boys play to be right behind the leader. I sometimes enjoy the shenanigans at the back ....

Muley, I'm glad you listened to Mama!

Tumbleweed, we like your co-pilot. Please bring her!

Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 1:52pm
Hi Kate, I will do my best to talk her into it. The scenery is just awesome and the crowd size is perfect. Glad to see some more pictures.
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
RealDeal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2018 at 1:24am
Thanks for posting the videos and photos!  I learned to drive in one of those fields in my Willys when I was around 10 years old.  And I spent most of my youth exploring those trails in the same Jeep.  My profile pic is at the bottom of Greenridge trail when the water turned out to be a little bit too deep.  I think I still have some of that mud left on my Jeep.  I'm looking forward to joining Bruce and the crew one of these years!

Dave
1949 CJ2A #219707
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2019 at 6:33pm
Any plans for 2019 yet, BW?  No hurry, just thinking ahead a bit.
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2019 at 3:22am
  No definite plans as yet. I have a couple of ideas in mind, but the truth is, we may have seen the last Northern Colorado Mountain Run. At least the last organised by myself. Cry  I'll try to keep you all posted.  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2019 at 4:03am
Aw man...sorry to hear this.  If I can do anything to help out, just let me know.  Thing is, I don't know the trails like you do - at all really.  Pretty much lost up there.  You sure do a great event though, BW!
Tom
1949 CJ3A

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2019 at 12:32pm
Tom, have you thought about leading a Jeep tour?  Pick an area you're familiar with and figure out if it's a remote camp trip, or will everyone stay in a hotel?   If you are not familiar with an area, pick one you think you'd like, and go spend time getting to know the land.  Drive the trails.  Find the gas.  Discover restaurants.  See the views.  Mark up a map.  Recon the place to see if it would be interesting to other Jeepers.  All of us who lead tours do this.  You may have to take a year or two to really get to know an area, but then you'd be ready to lead others through it.  Are you up to it??
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2019 at 1:38pm
I'm hoping to put together some day trips in the area this summer.  Of course that would only help out the local guys, but maybe better than nothing.
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Grumpy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2019 at 1:49pm
You’ve got a lot of opportunity to to go four wheeling west of Fort Collins that’s a huge area. Close to some great trails.
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 12:28am
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Tom, have you thought about leading a Jeep tour?  Pick an area you're familiar with and figure out if it's a remote camp trip, or will everyone stay in a hotel?   If you are not familiar with an area, pick one you think you'd like, and go spend time getting to know the land.  Drive the trails.  Find the gas.  Discover restaurants.  See the views.  Mark up a map.  Recon the place to see if it would be interesting to other Jeepers.  All of us who lead tours do this.  You may have to take a year or two to really get to know an area, but then you'd be ready to lead others through it.  Are you up to it??

Yeah, I spent one day a week for sure one summer searching trails. then the next spring about 3 months going over each trail to make sure they were clear and passible before everybody got here!  And everything else Mike mentioned! It's all fun when everything goes well, but lost parts of the convoy and breakdowns sure put's a damper on the fun.
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

longmontgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longmontgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2019 at 4:05am
We do quite a bit of wheeling in northern Colorado. If Bruce wants to pass the torch, Russ and I could take a crack at planning a long weekend for NoCo camping and trail runs!
Emily   :)

'48 2a "Lefty" (WFB legacy)
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2019 at 1:52pm
well, BW has set up some wonderful rides.  I am sure Emily and Russ could do a good job of it too.  I am up for one either way.  Work is the buzz killer but I'll try.
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2019 at 4:31am
  Thumbs Up  Go for it, Emily! It's about time for some of the younger folks to take over. I would be glad to help in any way I can, outside of doing it all myself. I would be glad to share my knowledge of the Cherokee Park / Sand Creek area. I think there are a lot of good trails yet to be seen, South a bit, in the Red Feather/Deadman/Nunn Creek area. If you do some of these on a weekend that I'm available, I would be happy to ride along.   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789