Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NV4500

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NV4500
    Posted: 03 Aug. 2018 at 7:44pm
Currently looking for a used rebuildable NV4500 5 speed, preferably taken out of a dodge 2500/3500 4x4 gas powered truck... somewhere in the northeast preferable-

Thanks in advance for any info-

MB
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
bkwudz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkwudz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2018 at 10:55pm
that’s not going to fit in the Willys ya know, had one in the YJ, huge tranny.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that 
Mhovey46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhovey46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2018 at 4:00am
I've been looking for a NV5600 or G56 (6 speed) for my 2003 dodge 3500 diesel 4x4. I will keep an eye out for your 5 speed they do come up more than the 6 speeds.   
-Matt

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2018 at 8:45am
Originally posted by bkwudz bkwudz wrote:

that’s not going to fit in the Willys ya know, had one in the YJ, huge tranny.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that 

If you're gonna pick nits LOL... asking for a buddy of mine whose breathing new life into a mid 70s bronco.  Pretty sure this is like his 18th or 19th one.  Nobody I'd trust more to know what he's looking for and why Wink

While not 2A related, figured I'd ask here cuz car guys are car guys...

Matt-  Thank you Thumbs Up

Edited by mbullism - 04 Aug. 2018 at 8:47am
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2018 at 11:48am
There a few variations of them and depending on what they came out of, some would work in other vehicles and some would take a lot of work to get them in. My neighbor kid got one and he finally found a guy that could work on it. Errr, it really would not work for what he wanted to do with it.
uncamonkey
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

There a few variations of them and depending on what they came out of, some would work in other vehicles and some would take a lot of work to get them in. My neighbor kid got one and he finally found a guy that could work on it. Errr, it really would not work for what he wanted to do with it.

I won't pretend to know the variations...  I'm generally familiar, but my buddy was specific in the gas not diesel, 4x not 2x... dodge, yada yada.  I assumed that gave him the most of what he wanted to start with
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2018 at 2:59am
Might have something to do with the 1st gear ratio, maybe?  Also bolt patterns?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2018 at 4:12am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Might have something to do with the 1st gear ratio, maybe?  Also bolt patterns?

I don't think that gear ratios are the biggest thing but they are not all the same. Just the overall size hurts and the bolt patterns make some better than others.
uncamonkey
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

I won't pretend to know the variations...  I'm generally familiar, but my buddy was specific in the gas not diesel, 4x not 2x... dodge, yada yada.  I assumed that gave him the most of what he wanted to start with

The Dodge gas and diesel NV4500 is the same tranny, the difference is the adapter plate used to mate up to the 12v/24v....... 

Nv4500's are in plenty on the FB 1st and 2nd gen Dodge sites...
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Post Reply Post Reply