Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NW Arkansas, SW MO., NE OK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williamsmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NW Arkansas, SW MO., NE OK
    Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:41am
Is there a club around my part of the country.

Thanks,

Marty
1946 CJ2A #72643

hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:03am
 I LOOKED ON THE MAIN FFC SITE AND LOOKS LIKE YOU COULD BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE  AR  FFC IF YOU WOULD LIKE...PM LEW AND START YOUR OWN Wink
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 2:38pm
Yup!  That is correct!  How about "President of the ARFFC" sound to ya?
It's super easy, no money involved except the beers you might drink that you otherwise might not.
Just collect the emails of guys in AR and chat on the page or the IFFC page or Facebook and get some events planned.  Anyone in your patrol can suggest an event.  If folks show up, Great!  If they don't, well to bad but not probable as we are all looking for reasons to take the jeep out!
Lew
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
Curty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2014 at 3:05am
Hey...I'm in NW Arkansas with a '46 CJ-2a project underway....did the club ever get started?
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2014 at 2:51am
I dont think so.  I was messaged about one last year when I bought my project.  Ive not heard anything else about it.  Im in Russellville which is about half way between Little Rock and Ft Smith.  I would be interested in getting together with some other flatfender guys when I get mine done.
Curty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2014 at 3:23am
I'm in Van Buren.....slowly I'm finding some in this area.  There's a guy in Ozark that's an attorney that has probably over a hundred Jeeps all military types, WWII, Korean era and Vietnam era Jeeps.  I went and looked at them a couple of weeks ago with a friend of his....interesting....but he's only interested in military Jeeps....
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2014 at 3:51am
I bought my jeep from a guy in Van Buren.  He was restoring a CJ3b.  Had a the complete running gear and chassis done when I bought the 2a.  Ill try to find my bill of sale that has his name on it.

Does the guy in Ozark keep some of his jeeps in a hanger just off the interstate?  Ive met him as well.
Curty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2014 at 4:44am
Yes, his name is Turner...can't remember his first name...
Curty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2014 at 2:18am
His first name is Lonnie......so it's Lonnie Turner of Ozark.....Curt
cherlymo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherlymo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2015 at 12:27pm
I am planning to retire in Mansfield, Mo.  We have the Laura Ingalls Wilder RV Park There.  I have a 53 CJ3B almost finished.  I'm interested if anyone gets something going
Terry
Wily-46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wily-46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2016 at 6:51pm
I live near Cassville MO, and have a 46 2a almost ready for trails if you all decide to have a get together,
swmoboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swmoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2017 at 12:00am
Did this group ever get off the ground?  There are a few of us in SW Missouri that are interested in getting something going.  At least there is talk of it but it hasn't gotten past that.  
1947 CJ2a #155307
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2017 at 12:55am
I'm thinking about going to Rush Springs Ranch. Maybe in Oct. Its kind of by Joplin. I don't know anything about it. Anyone that wants to go is welcome.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2017 at 3:31am
Just post your plans on the IFFC fb page in the Calendar and send a request to all your fb jeep friends.  The calendar allows them to say yes, no, maybe.  You can post all kinds of details, maps and pictures.
Lew Ladwig
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2017 at 12:01pm
Hi J.W.

Please post here on the 2A page. 
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2017 at 3:07pm
my apologies.   I did not mean to imply that you would not develop and plan you trip here.  Just that if you post on the fb page you will gather more folks.  I know the are several patrols your way.  It would be cool to get those folks to join in with you.
Lew Ladwig
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2017 at 10:54pm
I am interested in this this if we can get together on a date.  I called the ranch to check on roll bar and seat belt rules.  We will not have a problem as long as we sign a waiver.
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2017 at 12:39am
If we go in Oct, I'm available on 21st or 28. I would just be driving down on a Saturday & returning home that night.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>