Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off-roading spots along the Coast of Maine, NH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off-roading spots along the Coast of Maine, NH
    Posted: 16 June 2021 at 10:27pm
Thought I would ask this learned and knowledgeable group if they know of any mild wheeling areas not far from the coast in Maine and maybe New Hampshire.  A group of us Jeepers are going on vacation along the coast this summer, but the wives held sway and this is Non-Jeepin' vacation.  Except that I got this wild hair idea and decided I want to try and drive a Jeep off road in all 50 states.  I will be driving my Grand Cherokee, so I don't want to get into anything serious, just wanna check the box for Maine!  
Bill Davis invited me to bring the 2A up to New Hampshire, so I think I will take him up on the offer, but if I get a chance to do a logging road in NH, I might have to jump on that also.
Thanks in advance!  
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
BUTA46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUTA46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 4:50am
Not learned or very knowledgeable but, there are a few power line trails that are quite scenic and relatively easy passages down in the Mid-Coast area around Warren off of Route One. I haven’t been down to the coast for jeeping in a while so I’d not be the best person to tell you how to get to them. Mighty pretty down that way, though. If you manage to talk your way into bringing a Jeep with you, I bet someone would be able to help direct you, and any sightseers in your group will thank you.

Edited by BUTA46 - 17 June 2021 at 4:51am
BUTA- Back Up Try Again

46 CJ2A #73349   “Poison Icky”
46 CJ2A #51119.   “Rock Sand”
46 CJ2A #80102.   “Marilyn Jean”
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 8:38pm
Thanks for the tip!  I guess if there are places along the coast, the folks who know them may be a little tight lipped about them.  I'll find something, I'm pretty sure.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
 Post Reply Post Reply