Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers > Tech - FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OIL PUMP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1947-cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OIL PUMP
    Posted: 17 Sep. 2017 at 2:29pm
Last night I wall driving and notice my oil pressure was low and starting thinking my oil pump
must be going bad, lucky for me it just was a little low on oil. (added a quart and the pressure
jump bad up where it should have been). But with this said it started me thinking can you
replace the oil pump without removing the engine. It looks like there it about 6 to 7 inches
between the oil pump and frame rail.  I was planning on dropping my oil plan this fall and
clean it and the oil pump screen and install a new seal.
RICH

1947 cj2a (Toy From Hell)
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2017 at 5:24pm
Yes you can do all those in chassis. Just need to support front of frame and let the axle droop for more pan clearance. Remove tires if need be.

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2017 at 6:00pm
Yep you can do it. The fun part is getting them clocked right to work with the distributor.
uncamonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply