Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OK I'm not really mad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2018 at 9:22pm
Confused  I can't remember things that happened 10 minutes ago, but one little word can remind me of something said 40+ years ago.

Hot Rod Magazine said: "Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary defines Gremlin as 'An evil-tempered little fellow'. The Gremlin X definitely fits that description"    LOL     BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2018 at 9:45pm
Too bad you didn't find the chuck key to my drill press.

I also apparently have 'a drawer' at my house, but I won't go there.

On a separate but related note, the check engine light on my 05 Liberty CRD has been on since I bought it. The proprietary code actually identified a bad #2 glow plug, bad harness, or bad Glow plug relay.

I bought the parts but have been procrastinating installing them because I heard the glow plugs were tough to get to. So of course I waited till it was getting hard to start in the cold weather to do the work. I scheduled time in a heated workshop, and set off to find the parts.

After 3 hours of searching, I found the new glow plugs, intake elbow gaskets, harness, and relay, in a box of FURNACE parts on top of the non running 3B in my garage. (the parts to my new, now 6 year old garage furnace that I never got around to installing...)

I was not happy, but how could I be mad? I should be proud that my wife thought glow plugs looked like furnace ignitors???

Anyway, I now have a new found faith in diagnostic codes. # 2 glow plug (ceramic) was split and cracked. I replaced them with metal 5V Bosch plugs rather than the OE 7V Eterno ceramic, so we shall see long term.
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2018 at 10:55pm
CRS???  When I was growing up in Canada, it was always referred to as CRAFT disease!LOL
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2019 at 5:36am
   thanks for the chuckles guys !   and Happy New Years.

In the last 20-years of my working career, I moved 6-times. I have to this day wonder where my tap and die set is packed.

Oh years ago, I asked the wife if she had seen my ear-plugs.   Nope !
So i pull out the garbage beneath the kitchen sink and dump it out on a large piece of cardboard. Sure enough, after pawing through for a minute, there they were ! Boom.

I take them in to the wife and show them to her and her remark was:
   "Oh, honey, i thought those were left-over Jelley-Bellys so i threw them out."

The last couple of years i've had to make numerous trips back to the house to remember what i went out to the shop to find. I know it Gets Better !

Hahahaha, between all the wife's drawers and the easter eggs, we're doomed.

Our only Salvation is a WILLYS :)
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2019 at 6:06pm

Just curious _ _ _ is CRS hereditary ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12