Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Jeeps in Israel - our autumn meeting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Jeeps in Israel - our autumn meeting
    Posted: 03 Dec. 2020 at 4:59pm
After some lock downs, restrictions and a hot summer, we managed to get our autumn meeting. about 30 Jeeps for 2-3 days in the Negev desert. Only few flat fenders as most of the members who came to this hard trail had newer models.

TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2020 at 5:14pm
Very cool! Thanks for sharing 
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2020 at 5:51pm
Ziv,  thanks for the pictures.  You had a good bunch of Jeeps.
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2020 at 12:16pm
Very cool.  I see lots of tops up for shade. Didn't see anyone with a top off and windshield down. Must have been warm, even for an autumn day.  No stream crossings involved??
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
ziv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2020 at 1:01pm
Autumn in the desert mean pleasent temp. during the day, cold nights and you have to be aware  of sudden floods. You dont want to cross any flood in the river bed Shocked  Infact you dont plan trails if you have flood alert. 
This area got less then 25mm of Precipitation per year and they usualy cause deadly floods in the big dry rivers. 
Very different from the climate in Colorado. 
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2020 at 11:46pm
Looks like you had a nice trip out and back. 
Thanks for sharing part of your trip.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker
Owner of "The Swiss Miss"
calndrman View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calndrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2020 at 12:11am
Thanks for sharing.  My wife and I host trips to Israel. When we go south, we spend a night in a campground near Esus (sp?) close to the Egyptian border.  These pics look very familiar, where were you exactly?

Our trip last March was canceled nine days before departure. We will be there again in March 2022.

A while back, I posted some pictures of the Jeep at Latrun in the General Discussion section. Did you see that post? Do you have any additional input?

Maybe we can get together for some flatfender talk when we come next time.

Bruce

Bruce
1949 2A
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2020 at 12:55pm
Very neat. Reminds me of New Mexico. I have a friend who grew up in Iraq and keeps telling me stories of the places he and his family traveled to. The middle east has such beautiful scenery. I'd love to go there someday. In a Willy's would be icing on the cake.
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2020 at 2:50am
Somehow I missed this post earlier, but Ziv shared some pics and a short video with me about this trip.  It looks like it was a great time.  Sure wish I could tag along on one of these trips.  I did have the honor of meeting Ziv this past March when I was in Israel and he is a jeeper thru and thru!  He invited me to go jeeping with them, but our schedule just did not allow for it.  We spent an evening there in Jerusalem swapping Jeeping stories and learning a little about each other’s culture.  Let me just say, we don’t realize how good we have it here in America.  Between being required by the Government to keep your Willys stock and fending off Bedouin bandits during the night on jeep trips, our jeeping brothers in Israel have a whole different jeeping experience than we do here in the USA!  As different as our Jeeping circumstances may be, the brotherhood of jeeping and the enjoyment it brings is Universal!  Hope to see you again, Ziv and even jeep with you!

Rick G
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
ziv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2020 at 3:54pm
Rick,
It was a pleasure to meet you during your visit in Israel and most interesting talking with and explore a small portion of the jeep life style you have in the U.S.
Sorry i didnt had the  chance to invite you to our home, as your schedule was so tight.
 Im sure that in  the near future we will do some jeep trails together. We have to work make it happen. 

Pope891 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pope891 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2020 at 7:17pm
So cool.  Thank you for sharing.
Instagram #flatfenderpope

My Build
 Post Reply Post Reply