Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers > Tech - FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

omix solid state dizzy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmer John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: omix solid state dizzy
    Posted: 27 Nov. 2020 at 8:20pm
Getting ready to put dizzy back in and wanted to  time oil pump. Took cap off Omix solid state dizzy to mark # 1 in order to get fat and skinny drive tang oriented to put pump in. Anyhow rotor shaft has massive play at least .030 enough that you would burn up a set of points in about a thousand miles, I remember those days, Smile, (just) I'm guessing  needs new bearings. I really got raked over by the guy I bought this from. It supposedly only had 93 miles on everything new and dizzy module went with about 200 miles on it, the numbers had been rubbed off the module , I had an extra and it died close enough that I could walk home. Real question how many thousands should I have, A couple ? and can I get the bearings for this, guessing I can. Does anyone have the bearing number before I tear it down. 
Thanks, J.
john
 Post Reply Post Reply