Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On The Road Again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2022 at 6:11pm
Once you get off the blacktop there are lots of places that Siri has never been! Northern Maine is one. About once a year we have a news story about someone who was following their phone and drove off the end of a pier.
BD
'47 CJ2a, Shiny on top!
'55 CJ5 project
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2022 at 6:24pm
Back when I was still working one of our team members had a BBQ party one weekend and invited the team.

Our new team manager named "Jeff" had recently transferred from our Portland Maine office to Chattanooga and he didn't know the area very well.

The BBQ was at a farm up on top of the Cumberland, so to get there from Chattanooga required crossing signal mountain going through the next valley and up another mountain. 

Poor Jeff showed up two hours late. His GPS had sent him up the mountain on an old logging road, which was the shortest route, in miles, but not in time.

He seemed puzzled when I told him about the nice paved highway that went right to the farm, and he followed me back down when the party was over. 

Good thing it was Summer time or we may have never seen Jeff again.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223