Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Original Bantam Trailer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhovey46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Original Bantam Trailer
    Posted: 20 Mar. 2018 at 11:23pm
The patina on this one is great! I hope whoever buys it leaves it just the way it is. Looks like a pretty solid, original trailer.
-Matt

Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 3:01am
Wow... That's a really nice trailer. 
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 3:59am
Is a trailer like that worth $1750 though?  Not to me.  Plus, I hate rust and would never permit it to stay rusty.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 7:15am
Mike, I am with Matt on this one. That "patina" is at least 1/2 of the value on that trailer.

Besides, here in Colorado, things just do not rust like they do "Back East", or near the beach. You are working too hard to "fix" rust, you should be driving these rusty old rigs instead.Smile That being said, like we say here, if it's your Jeep, Bantam, do with it as you please. Big smile

$1750.00? Not to me. $200.00? Yes, all day long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2018 at 3:39am
It's true that things don't rust the same in Colorado as they do in Ohio, but I lived in Ohio for 32 of my first 38 years.  That's less than half my life now (I'll be 65 in June.  GAAAACK!), but some things just stick with me.  Some psychological damage is permanent.  Wacko
Ford GP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford GP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2018 at 2:54pm
Im, still here in Oh...Im a sucker for punishment.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2018 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Some psychological damage is permanent.  Wacko

You said it, not me! WinkLOL  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2018 at 5:38am
It is what it is.  Big smile
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2018 at 3:34am
Having grown up in the PNW, I hear you on the rust issues.

As far as the permanent damage, like my uncle taught me; "There ain't no sense in denying the obvious".

Hang in there, I'm pulling for you, Matt W, AKA, Cpt logger.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2018 at 7:38am
I spent 6 months in Bremerton, WA (Puget Sound Naval Shipyard) in '73.  It won't kill me to not go back. 
 Post Reply Post Reply