Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Original Cj side steps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Original Cj side steps
    Posted: 03 Feb. 2007 at 2:17pm
Order two pairs from down under and got them today and could not be more pleased. No brackets just steps with diamond pattern.
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2007 at 11:14am
I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago from the same Aussie. I had bought a set of repros from Krage Motor Sports for $40.00 a year and a half ago. I'm going to see if the after market brackets will work with the NOS steps. Might be an alternative. These steps won't be seeing any duty on my '46 though. They'll have to wait for the build of the my other one "the project", which will be a hybrid of new-meets-old.
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

(Name Blocked) View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2007 at 11:28am
That is what I am going to do too. If I get a piece of an old set I can fab the side pieces and support.

I wonder if they are nos really? To think all those steps being saved in a barrel and none of the support brackets. Also all the steps in Aussie land and not here in the states. Makes me wonder if they are NOS. Ha. I am happy with them but not rusty or pitted even with primer and coating.
Jonesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2007 at 2:15pm
The Krage repro's are for CJ5 and the brackets require minor modification for ours IIRC. There was a thread on the subject somewhere a year or two ago, here or maybe CJ3B site? Mr. Google should be able to find it.

CJAlaska

Edited by CJAlaska - 04 Feb. 2007 at 2:15pm

1951 CJ3A

1948 Willys Pickup

1954 Willys Pickup

1947 Bantam BT3-C Trailer
CJ3A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ3A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb. 2007 at 9:20am
Semper Fi!

Wolf Fabrication - Off Road Welding and Fabrication

Jeep Rescue - Vintage Willys and Jeep Restorations
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2007 at 7:20pm
Just received my pair in the mail today. Way cool. Now some bracket modification or a hunt for the real thing (bracket that is). Also, thanks to all for the advice.
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

(Name Blocked) View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2007 at 5:23pm
Got my repo steps from Omix today. I am very happy with my diamond pattern steps from Aussie land and the price was fair. I feel they are not NOS but excellent unfinished copies
MG TD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MG TD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2007 at 3:58pm
Are these steps still available?  Contact infor?  Thanks
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2007 at 6:32pm
Look up side steps on ebay, he seems to always have them listed, there's normally only 1 bidder, the last set wasn't bid on at all, seems to me that with shipping it was a little over $100., I've tried emailing him and just ordering but he seems to prefer the ebay method. I haven't bought mine yet, waiting to see the outcome of my broken shoulder, not getting much done on the jeep (or anything else for that matter). I dont remember the sellers name but he's got a pair listed now. hope this helps.
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2007 at 7:25pm
Try clicking on the link below. It should send you to the guy's Ebay section.

Side Steps from Down Under

Edited by timcj2a - 13 Feb. 2007 at 7:25pm
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

Post Reply Post Reply