Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Original Fulton 06 information and details

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WellFedHobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Original Fulton 06 information and details
    Posted: 14 July 2020 at 2:13am
I was lucky enough to snag one of these on Ebay recently and thought some of you might want some info on the specs of an original survivor from the 40s. This one was never modified for a Bantam. The pictures are in 4k resolution and have a (cheap) caliper in some of them showing the measurements like width and thickness of an original surviving locking tab, spring, etc. 

Let me know if you want any more specific measurements or images. I'll add them to this Imgur album link and to this first post. This can become a source of info for the future for those needing to fabricate a new locking tab or source a replacement spring online, or just wanting to reference what one looks like without the extra bends from use and time.

mikeprokop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeprokop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 3:32pm
Is the coupler still available ??

Email me: mikeprokop@aol.com 
Mike
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by mikeprokop mikeprokop wrote:

Is the coupler still available ??

Email me: mikeprokop@aol.com 

Hi Mike, no the fulton 06 isn't commercially available any more.  

You can still kind of get rebuild parts if you have the main housing, but the modern knob is squared and the latch underneath is for a 2" ball, not 1-7/8".  I'm not familiar with what may be necessary to make all that work together.

Unfortunately they come up on ebay, etc. pretty infrequently... at least infrequently enough that I've not stumbled on one LOL

MB
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
mikeprokop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeprokop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 4:28pm
Thank You.

Will keep searching.
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply